Does anyone else hate being a stay at home mom?

Ok so I went back to work 4 weeks after delivery and I felt so much better. My postpartum was awful when I was staying at home. Now I am off for 2 weeks for Christmas break and I cant wait to go back to work. My daughter is 2 months old and so colicy and I feel like I am a horrible mom but the moment my hubby gets home I want to run out of the house. Now I have always wanted a baby but I feel guilty about the fact I want to work and I want to get out. I love my daughter but I need me time and sleep. All these other moms talk about how great it is to be a stay at home mom but its just not for me. Does anyone else out there feel the same way?

Tat_9280

Asked by Tat_9280 at 6:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I love it & hate it.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Well i just got out of the military after 4 years so being home is a nice break for me, but I know that I cant be a SAHM forever, it just isn't me. I like to work. I like the adult interaction that comes with a job.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 7:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• No I love it until they're old enough to be in preschool or something. By then I need to get out and do something.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 7:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I am so thankful I can be a sahm. Some moments and days are SO difficult, but you just have to remember the impact you are having on this little life and ultimately the world!! It is the hardest job in the world!!! My second born was colicky and that was so hard. You have to become a better person when you are with your kids all day every day - setting the right example of patience, love, selflessness - yeah, some days I wish I could step out of the house for a few moments, but then I realize I don't want anyone else having this job.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:08 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I stayed home for 12 weeks after the delivery, and I was definitely ready to go back to work... Of course, I took my son with me, until he was about 6 months, and we were BOTH miserable. I couldn't give him the attention he wanted, and he prevented me from getting my work done. So I put him in daycare, and honestly, I think it's been great for him. He loves being around the other kids, he's super social, and more importantly, he's happy. I think if I would have stayed at home with him, he wouldn't get the social interaction with other kids as much. So for me and him, I think we're both better off with me working, him being in daycare, and both of us being thrilled to see each other at the end of every day :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I would love to be a stay at home mom...but that just can't happen right now.... But i work at a day care full time... I babysit 6hrs a week..Plus babysit 2 kids when needed..
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I have been a stay at home mom for a year now. There are days I abosutely love it and then there are days, like you said, when my husband walks in I am ready to run out the door! Just depends on how our night of sleep went and if he is happy or cranky if I like being a stay at home mom. I want to go to work, but at the same time I don't want to miss milestones either.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Honestly? I hate it! I've been a SAHM now for 6 months. I want to go back to work badly! But I don't want my son in day care more. So I'll be a SAHM until he's in school (or until our youngest is in school if we have more).
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I love being able to take a nap when they do, but I HATE being home all the time...I'm not a "loner" type...I need to be around people...and I have a WONDERFUL daycare that kept my son and daughter before they started school and I've already got baby #3 a spot there when she is old enough (you have to be on a waiting list so I applied early...lol). I'm so ready to go back to work...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• i am very happy to be a stay at home mom, but there are many times that it is very hard! I loved being at work, having people to talk to, just getting out of the house, people appreciating what you do...being at home is hard
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 31, 2009