Please give me ur honest opinion. Do you think he cheated?

My FIL and his wife were over for Christmas, we see them maybe evey 2-3 years. While I was talking to FIL's wife. She mentioned a time my dh was visiting them and we were not together. (He went down alone, I honestly don't remember why, he has done that a few times.) She was very POSITIVE we were not together. We have always been toether. But she was about to say she knew we weren't together b/c.......... then she looked like she said to much and quickly changed the subject. It seemed to me like she knew we weren't together because he hooked up with someone else. Possibly her dd. I think this b/c I do remember one time he went there and came back talking about all this stuff they did b/c they were the only ones home. He was constanly accusing me of cheating, when I have NEVER. So now I am really curious why she was so POSITIVE. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• i dont want to break your heart. but it sounds like it. and................................... if u ask him and he gets really mad when you ask him that would seem more suspicious. he he says, i would never cheat on you i love you too much in a calm tone. he isnt lying. ask ima nd see how mad he gets.. keep us in ytouc
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 7:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I think she's trying to make you feel insecure. If it bothers you then just ask him what she was referring to

Answer by admckenzie at 7:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• yes, it sounds suspicious, and usually when you have a gut feeling you are right :(
    hazeleyezmommy

Answer by hazeleyezmommy at 7:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I think the past is the past, and maybe she is just trying to start drama> I think you will never know for sure, but if you must call her and say when we were talking, blah blah and see what she has to say~ I think that maybe he got drunk or something dumb, it could be a million things, but it is weird that he accuses you of cheating, I would really keep my eyes open, if he did do it , it will happen again, I am sorry you had to hear this,,,,but good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Thanks Imma try and ask him when he gets home and see what he has to say. I will let you know how it goes.
    Anonymous

• If he's accusing you of cheating, chances are he is the one who is actually the cheater. it's their own guilt and inability to verbalize their feelings. This is a sore spot for me, because my kids father(he's not really a boyfriend, we live together i don't know what to call him in all honesty) is out now at a bar(and he never goes out) and I have a feeling he's with a chick from work who gave him a jacket for xmas.(and he's her supervisor) He bought her a gift too. Crazy ain't it? I only share this because i had a feeling there was something going on between them, and he's told me about one indiscretion of his before when we tried to "patch things up" this past year with another woman, but the truth is, once a cheater always a cheater and if you have a GUT FEELING...follow your gut.

Seriously. You know. Good luck. I know what your going through. PM me if you need to chat. :)
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 7:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Could it be that she was thinking about something that happened before you and him were actually together?
    People don't normally just leave it hanging like that unless they WANT you to keep asking them to finish the thought.
    My guess is, she was trying to start drama or it was about something that happened before you and he were together or when you were broke up before marriage.
    I'm curious to see what his explanation is too. If it had been me, I'd have flat out asked her to finish that sentence and if she refused, then I'd had to have said "well you're leaving it hanging which is making me think he must've been with another woman or doing something he shouldn't have been doing if he had a wife/gf waiting at home.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 7:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2009