pneumonia shot and polo vaccine

does anyone have any information regarding the pneumonia and polo shots? My grandson is going in to his well visit tomorrow and they want to give him these shots. Please if there is any info regarding the side effects Please let me know asap. My son has autism and I would hate to see my grandson come down with it.

jewels430

Asked by jewels430 at 7:15 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Health

• I would skip them both. I would visit mercola.com to start reading on vaccines.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Join the Choosing Not to Vaccinate Group You'll find many more people with information there. As for your grandson, I would delay the vaccinations until you have the answers you need. I personally, do not vaccinate. I was personally injured by vaccines and have done the research to back up my decisions. However, this is research that I recommend is done by the parent themselves. While I can give you the information, I am not an expert and my word frankly means nothing...  Do the research for yourself and hold off on vaccines until you have made an educated choice.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• The prevnar vaccine. Not sure if I got the spelling right. I decided to go ahead and do that one. Your family should read "The Vaccine book," by Dr. Sears. It gives you great info.

After reading it, it seemed like the prevnar ( pneumonia one) was worth getting. He was already due for a second dose actually but the holidays were here and then my kids were mildly sick so I need to go back in. The other vaccines did not seem as important. Well whooping cough and tetnus are, but I would like those separated some how because both my older children had trouble with those ones.

It's unknown what causes autism so if the mother of your grandchild decides to get certain vaccines done don't make her feel bad. I do think there is some connection between the amount of vaccines and autism, but not in every case. I think autism must be caused by several different factors. I would get her the book and have her decide.
    Anonymous