change in eating due to teething?

Ok.. I asked a similar question the other day. My DD is 6 months old and would not eat her formula.. she has been on the same formula for 4 months now, and never resisted before. She will drink juice and eat her baby food, though. She did have an ear infection, so I thought it was from that.. but she's been on the amoxicillian for a week now, so it shouldn't bother her anymore. Yesterday, she ate her formula just fine, but today she will not, and it seems like it has been like this for a week. She doesn't have any teeth yet, but i'm thinking they are bothering her.. BUT that wouldn't explain why she eats the food and juice, but not the fomula. right? any ideas? Oh, and she goes to see the dr tomorrow, but im just wondering what you ladies think. thanks

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 7:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She may not like to way it tastes. Just a thought. Have you tasted it. It smell terrible. I wouldn't blame her for not wanting it. Just make sure that she is getting her food and making sure that she stay hydrated. It could also be the bottle. Maybe try a sippy instead.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• We tried the sippy, since she takes her juice from there. She's smarter than that, lol, she knows we were giving her formula. lol. The dr suggested a little pedialyte to make sure she's staying hydrated, and still giving her the juice and food. Is that going to be okay until she decides she wants the formula again do you think?
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 7:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Babies usually start teething around 6 months of age, Which could mean her gums are sore since it takes alot of time sometimes for teeth to come through, when my daughter got her first tooth it seemed like she teethed forever, took almost 3 weeks for it to come through. And the reason she could be just wanting to eat baby food and juice is because the formula being warm most of the time could be irritating her inflammed gums, and the sucking motion from drinking a bottle could cause her discomfort. The juice being cool could comfort her gums. Since she likes her juice try pouring some on a baby wash cloth and let her suck on it, my daughter loved it and it really helped!
    Anonymous