c section question

i am planning a c section and i am not due til april 8th. i had a c section with my daughter and they did it after i was induced and didnt dilated much after 20 hous in labor can anyone tell me when do they usually do the c section

Monkeychick

Asked by Monkeychick at 7:33 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have had 3 vag births, 1 emergency c section and 2 planned after the first 1. It's really no different than your first one, other than a little calmer. They schedule you around the 37-39 week to go in, depending on size of baby and any complications that may be of concern. You aren't supposed to eat 8 hours prior than your set time for the delivery. You show at the hospital, most times you will have already be preregistered, they go thru the whole medical history and so on questions, AGAIN even if you have been in the hospital the day before for the pregnancy, they ALWAYS ask again! I hate that! lol Anyways, They will get you started on an IV and fluids, the anesthesiologist will come and introduce himself as will your regular ob. The anesthegiologist will tell you what options u have and the side effects for each for anesthesia. Once you choose and the OR is cleared, they will take you back but no one else at first to or...
    eyedoleyes

Answer by eyedoleyes at 7:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• My csection was an emergency, so I'm not as familiar with planned csections, but from what i understand they typically pick a date around your due date (unless you have another factor to warrant an early birth). The best thing to do is ask your doctor at your next visit.
    Gooberzilla

Answer by Gooberzilla at 7:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I think with a planned c-section, they usually schedule it during the week before your due date, because they don't want you to go into labor... But yes, the best thing would be to ask your doctor.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• i never knew they planned them..unless you have complications
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• They will schedule a date for your c section. It can be up to a week before your due date or exactly on your due date. Mine was scheduled for my exact due date and started having contractions right before I went in to have my c section.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I had one emergency c-section, but my second was planned. They did it at 38 weeks.
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 8:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Mine was also at 38 weeks to make sure I didn't go into labor and require an emergency c-section. I was already contracting when I went in for my appointment, so it wasn't a minute too soon.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• You can look into a vbac at http://www.ican.org/ . . There is no reason not to wait for spontaneous labor. There are risks with delivering babies early before labor begins or until at least 40 weeks, especially with the lungs.   

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2009