My baby is ready for his crib, I'm not.

My 3mth old is ready to sleep in his crib overnight, I'm not. Even though I have a monitor, I worry I won't be able to hear him as well, or get to him fast if need be. Is this normal? How do I get over it? I am happy to keep him in my room, he's outgrown his bassinet, but he's content sleeping in his pack n play. I just feel bad, his crib mattress seems way more comfy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i understand how you feel. i felt the same way with my first DD, i decided after her sleeping in her bassinet for amonth it was time, it took my everything to put her in her crib, i even woke up every hour on teh house to check on her, my body got used to it, and slowly i realised she was fine i also had teh monitor. Dnt feel bad alot of mothers go threw it also. good luck honey! :)
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 8:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I know exactly how you feel ~ I just went through this about a month ago! My daughter was outgrowing her bassinet soo quickly I needed to put her in her crib. I am such a worry wart now though since my first has went through a lot.. so I just moved her crib into our room until I feel comfortable enough that she will do fine without me! I feel more safe and secure and she does also! It works for us!! You will get through it, I am really going to have a hard time putting her in her own bedroom :*(.... I am dreading that day!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I am of NO help...I still cosleep with my 6 mth old. He is content and so are hubby and i. You will know when you are ready!
    MommasLilBoys08

Answer by MommasLilBoys08 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I sleep with my baby. There is no reason why you need to move him to a crib in another room. If you want to use a crib you can put it in your room, or sleep with the baby in your bed, or set up the crib side-car style attached to your bed.  http://www.freewebs.com/sidecarcrib/index.htm

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• my baby slept in my room in the pack n play unlit about a month or two ago. He just turned 9 months on the 26th of december. When I finally let him sleep in his own crib, I made sure my husband was home and up all night (he works nights anyway). I made sure it was on his days off and then after that I just put him in his own bed in his room and made sure the monitor was turned on before I went to bed. I still keep the monitor on.
    Mrs6six

Answer by Mrs6six at 10:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• We never bought a bassinet. The day we came home from the hospital my husband took apart the crib and moved it into our bedroom (the doors weren't wide enough) and she's slept in it from the start. It sits at the foot of our bed. We might move the crib back to her room when she's 6 months old. I don't know, yet. She's 4 months now. Can you move the crib into your bedroom?
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 31, 2009