Do u know anyone?

who has died from a c section? im having mine Jan 5th and im so scared... What are the chances of someone dieing from a c section do u know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you know what inpossible or unless you are already at a high risk of loosing lots ofblood an stuff so if you have a healthy pregnancys then i would assume you would be fine stop being worried about that you are not gonna die !
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 8:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• i haven't known anyone, i think it is fairly rare...but not impossible. It is a major surgery but has become a more common one. I had a c-section after they attempted to induce me for a day, i elected to do it, everything was fine, recovery was fairly quick..it was 2 weeks and i was back at school.

I spent 4 days in the hospital.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• definitely not impossible but it is unlikely. it is safer than an emergency c-section but much riskier than a vaginal birth (ie more likely to die in a c-section than in a vaginal deliver in MOST cases. obviously if you have some medical problem that makes vaginal birth especially dangerous this might not be true).

i just googled and found on wiki that in 2000 the mortality rate for c-section was 1 mom out of 5,000 c-sections. i assume that includes emergency c-sections as well.

if you don't have some medical condition that makes c-section necessary, i would definitely go all natural. but if you have to have surgery, it's just like anything else. like if you had to have your appendix removed or whatever. there are risks but benefits.
    Anonymous

• oh i don't know anyone who has died btw!!!
    Anonymous

• The risk is very low. They've come a long way, and are able to handle anything that can get complicated (bleeding, etc). The anesthesiologist is at your head monitoring you, even when you're awake for the procedure.
    I don't know if you have any complications (I assume there's a good reason you're having a c-section), but talk to your OB about the risks associated with any complications you have, and discuss your concerns. I can definitely understand your fear, I was terrified of a c-section, then ended up having one. It wasn't horrible (I wasn't mentally prepared, so I sobbed through the whole thing).
    You'll be fine! Just make sure you have lots of support around you before, during and after.
    Good luck! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2009