If your pregnant, did you get the swine flu vaccine?

If so, was part of your decision based on your peers becoming sick? My doc wants my to get it, I'm 14 weeks. I don't know of anyone who has been ill with it. If you did get it, did you become ill at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I did not get it. The package insert from the drug manufacturer recommends that pregnant women NOT get the vaccine unless necessary. I don't understand why doctors are pushing it on their pregnant patients when the company who makes the drug suggests we not get it. It is not tested on pregnant women and they do not know how it affects the baby. Supposedly it is safe, but I have heard of women who have miscarried shortly after the vaccine.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 8:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• i didn't get the vaccine either.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:33 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• i didnt either i dont even get the reg one this is my 3rd preg and i have never had the flu vaccine so i didnt see a reason to get the other one
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I got it when i was 21 weeks, I work with alot of people and at the time everyone around me seemed sick. My Dr and nurses and a few co-workers strongly suggested it. Of course I was really worried about not getting it and just as worried about getting it. In the end I just felt for me it was right. research it first.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 9:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I got it when I was 4 weeks and every thing went fine! I figure my doctor knows all the facts and if they say I should get it then I will get it! My doctor is an OBGYN so I think she knows what she is talking about! About miscarring from the shot, that isn't provin there are SOOOO many woman that have miscarrages anyway that they could have been just natural and nothing to do with the shot.. I would listen to what your doctor says to do tell them what you are worried about and have the explain more about it to you to ease your mind... gl
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 10:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I got mine maybe two months or so ago and I didn't want to get it but my husband (who just happen to take me to that apt) made me get it. I'm now glad I did because he got the swine flu about 2 weeks later. I didn't even get a sniffle. Good luck.
    spcjones_83

Answer by spcjones_83 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I didn't. I don't believe there is a threat. I don't even get the flu vaccine.
    The people who have died have had pre-existing medical conditions, which comprimised their immune system. Anyone who was healthy previous to getting the swine flu has had no adverse reactions to it. A majority of the people who have died were in South America, where conditions are poor. Don't buy into the hype.

JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:23 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I didn't. I never get flu shots of any kind. I'm about 12 weeks and already had the regular flu this winter. And I know of one person (near me) that had swine flu and that was only suspected (my 2 nephews also had it but they live in another state).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:29 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I got it right at the start of the third trimester and I am very glad I did. I wouldn't have if I wasn't in an area with so many cases of it. I live in Hawaii and there are so many tourists here. The reason my doctor recommended, practically insisted, that I get it is because they are finding that in teens and pregnant women the swine flu progresses very quickly to be so serious that hospitalization is necessary. I'm not sure about whether or not you will be able to get the vaccine yet, I know here they are only giving it to women in the third trimester just because there are so many that need it and the supply is still limited, so you have plenty of time to think it over and make the best decision for you.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:30 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Yes i am pregnant and no i did not get vaccinated for Swine Flu/H1N1 or my kids either and i will never get a vaccination on my self, my newborn or my two other kids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Dec. 31, 2009