Help me please!!!!

How can I tell my husband that I want to move closer to my mom in Az, that I hate his job, I hate where we live at now, and I feel like there is nothing left here for us? I know it sounds like a lot, but I really feel that we need a fresh start. Its cheaper where my mom lives, and we could stay with her until we get settled in. I'll be honest I hate Cali, I am sick of it here. I have thought about this for a while, and just dont know how to tell him how I feel. Any ideas? Also we had gone out there this last week for xmas, he seemed quite bored as it truly is almost in the middle of no where, but at the same time said he would have no problem living out there if he had something "constructive" to do. He then went on about mentioning quitting his job, just once and nothing more. I want to ask again, but just don know how exactlyto go about it I guess. I have a feeling the only reason why he wouldn't move is because his other

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• just sit down and ask him how he feels about it.

Just remember that moving in with an inlaw is highly stressfull on a relationship...especcially for some men.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• That must be VERY hard im sorry, but just talk to him, let him know how you feel.
    Patricia01

Answer by Patricia01 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Me personally... I woudln't dream of moving till I had enough money to live in my own house from the start. Living with anyone is hard enough but when you're married with children it's just so much more stressful for everyone and permanent damage can be done.
    If he mentioned it just say "you know, we were talking about what you thought about moving back and I've been thinking, we've tried this, and you might be right on work etc, but what about if we moved closer to a city where you could find work, and we could still be close to family... it's not something we have to do right now, or even decide on right now, but what do you think about it?".
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 8:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I'd just say "I've been thinking about what we talked about before." Then tell him what you just said here.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:45 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Op here- I guess I should add that we currently live with my MIL, one reason being that here where we live at now its jut too expensive. The difference being here in Cali rent runs about at least $800 fo a 2 BR, there in Az its only about $500 average. I am sure he ad I could both finds jobs reasonably fast too. Now I have mentioned this to him and his only reason was he doesn't like chnge, but I hate it here. I am tempted to just move without him.
    Anonymous

• I'd start by bringing up to him mentioning him leaving his job "you said you might want to leave your job" and then let him know how you're feeling and go from there. He just might be wanting to change but he might be afraid to bring it up to you!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I do agree, with PP, BUT !!!!!
    You agreed, for richer or poorer in sickness and health.
    He is your huband, and you guys need to talk.
    If your relationship is healthly and he is a good man, than you need to respect that also, and hear him out.
    GREAT MEN, are hard to come by these days ♥♥♥♥
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 9:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• You just need to keep talking to him until he agrees with you. It took me 10 years to convince hubby to move out of CA, but omg is it worth it! He probably thinks it was his idea to move to another state, but that's OK with me. I'm just glad to be out of CA. Hang in there. He'll come around. CA sucks and he will realize that soon enough.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Tell him. Just sit him down and be like "Dude, your job, this town, this ...... isn't working out for us at all. I think that we'd be better of moving to AZ and ....." Just tell him. That's the only step you need to take is to be honest and open with him.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:17 AM on Dec. 31, 2009