in need of help

i was wondering if there are anywoman in the michigan area who have clothes that they dont need anymore for a little boy or girl. My son is seventeen months and wears eighteen to twenty four month clothing and i'll be having a girl soon here. Me and my hubby dont have a lot of money and my son is out growing things so fast, i wanted to know if any woman that live in michigan would be willing to ship some clothing this way i could really use some help. It's embarassing to ask but its my last resort. Thank you.

Asked by Herron at 2:08 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in General Parenting

• I don't live near you , but you could garage sale for some cheap clothes...and you can usually find some really nice ones! Do you have a Goodwill nearby? We go there on occassion and you can sometimes find some nice things.

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I don't have anything. But I wanted to give some suggestions. You may want to look on and post on and also freecycle (don't know the website but they have yahoo groups for almost every region). On both you can find free stuff and on craigslist if you can't find it free you can usually find it for really inexpensive.

Good luck hon.

Answer by amethystrse at 2:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Sorry, I don't live near you! But - we have a place in our town called Harbor House. They have all kinds of clothes - you can either go in a buy them (usu. $1-$4 for each piece of clothing) or you can apply to have them given to you. Also, as the previous pp said, you can get on yahoo and look for a freecycle group for your county. Mine is awesome - there are people giving all kinds of stuff away. Last time I went thru all of our clothes I posted on my freecycle group and two days later a nice lady and her kids came and picked up all the clothes. I felt great about it. OH! If you know anybody that works at a hospital, lots of times they have employee bulletin boards. My mom & DH's aunt are always checking the bulletin board at the hospital where they work and we've gotten a lot of clothes for the kids that way!

Answer by Fawn80 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Try your local churches even if you dont belong to them. Michigan has ALOT of charity help places.

Answer by vbruno at 3:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Charity Directory of Michigan
    Charity Directory of Michigan, Find or Locate Charity, charity, education, children, charitable, free, charities, rights, relief, help, health, conservation ... -

Answer by vbruno at 3:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2008