Is it fraud to ask my boss to cut my pay...

by 200 a month so we can qualify for food stamps? My dad says it's fraud but we really need some help! We are only 200 over for it and it would give us 500 a month in food. We would be able to pay our bills. We are so behind since DH pay was cut in half in Feb. We have struggled and struggled and we will loose our house soon if I can't figure something out. I don't want to do anything bad but it would help us. I just don't know what else to do. There is already 3 jobs between DH and I and we only have 2 kids so it's not like I am having more kids than I can afford. In fact we were doing awesome when DD was born he lost his job 1 yr later and found a new one at half the pay further away. I don't know what else to do to help us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• Why don't you cut your hours down instead of having him cut your pay?
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Cut your pay so you can get food stamps? Come on... take out a loan from a bank or from a family member. Call your electric company and ask them to put you on the economy plan. Call the credit card companies and tell them you can't make your payments. There are several things you can do besides cutting off your nose to spite your face.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• maybe they could just cut your hours? maybe you could ask them to do that?
    Anonymous

• The only thing I could say is to cut out a job if you absolutely have to. But if you can't afford food ask a family member for help. Everyone needs someone to help once in a while.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:08 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Cut your hours to part time
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 9:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• op: We have tried for the energy programs but around here you have to apply twice a year and the elderly are served first then the rest is distributed on a first come first serve. We have been on the waiting list for a year now. We have no credit card payments. Internet is a need plus it's tax deductible because DH takes online classes. My father just bought a us a 1500 car because ours broke beyond repair so I can't ask him for more and DH parents have already loaned us 600 to fix the car before it broke again. My parental credit lines are spent.
    Anonymous

• OP The other thing is I have been to the food bank twice but I always feel bed doing that because I know that if i just skip a bill I can buy my own food so I feel like I am stealing from someone else. I dunno it's like I know I need help but I hate taking it because I know there are others who are worse off than me.
    Anonymous

• Can't do a bonk loan out house is 4 months missed payments so my credit score is like 554 last I checked.
    Anonymous

• If you cut your hours, your boss will most likely report that to DSS and you may not get food stamps after all.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Go to DSS and show them how much you make and how much you are paying out. As long as it's not for anything that you don't need, DSS will help you pay for somethings including house payment rent etc.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2009