Excercise and Pregnancy????

I was wondering if anyone knew some excersies that i could do while pregnant. Walking, etc. Or things to get me ready to deliver... and in some cases do with a 3 year old inside.....since it's cold

Happiness091306

Asked by Happiness091306 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My YMCA has a prenatal swim class. They also have mommy-n-me classes for babies and toddlers. That might help tucker the little one out so you can do some light weights (5-10 lbs) or yoga when you get home from swim class.

Stick with low impact cardio (swimming, elliptical machine, bike) and stretching exercises. Lifting your little one is probably doing your muscles good.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:10 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I did Kathy Smith pregnancy aerobics every day. You should be able to pick up the DVD at your local library. She had some great post-partum exercises, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Swimming, if you have access to an indoor pool, is great, and puts no pressure on your back, blood vessels, etc. You can also purchase (or borrow from a friend) a prenatal yoga or pilates DVD to do at home. Even just doing some stretches can be a huge help.
    You can do most exercises, just stay off your back and listen to your body. Also, keep some water with you and keep hydrated. If you go walking, go with a friend, just for safety sake (and in case you get light headed, etc).
    I was riding my bike up until I was about 32 weeks, and was walking even after my water broke (didn't yet realize it was my water!). I kept my weight gain to 12 lbs. Just be good about your food intake, and make your calories count, too.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• If you go to monkeysee.com they have some great yoga instructions
    Anonymous