Extra long period after starting birth control

I'm 27 and started my period and then the next day started bith conrtol for the first time in 2 years after having my son. Now 8 days later I am still on my period. It is lightening but seems like it will never stop. The cramping was really bad at first and I had a lot of clotting. Any idea what's going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Health

• You haven't been on the pill in 2 yrs and your body is getting adjusted to the pill and you may bleed for a month it's new stuff in your body that haven't been there for two yrs NORMAL. Your doctor will and should have told you the same thing.
    Anonymous

• I got on the patch for period control, but my ankle swelled to the size of a baseball, and I had a period that lasted two weeks. I took off the patch and I haven't used anything since. My husband had already had a vasectomy so it wasn't pregnancy I was avoiding, I just wanted to go back to the days pre-pregnancy when I was on the pill and only had 3 very light days of a period and nearly no cramps. But alas, my body has changed - I didn't want to take the pill because I had two children under the age of 2, there was no way I was going to remember to take my pill every day. LOL
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 3:22 AM on Dec. 31, 2009