how often does a person have to drink to be considered an alcoholic?

no matter how much a day, or how they act while tipsy, buzzed, or fu*ked up. how often or how many days out of a week can a person drink and not be an alcoholic?

_mimimosley_

Asked by _mimimosley_ at 9:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It is not the frequency, it is the need.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Omigosh just the other day I was questionding whether or not I was an alcoholic. Is this a sign?
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 9:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• There are functional alcoholics. I had a binge drinking alcoholic x who could stay sober for weeks then binge. I grew up with a friend whose dad was sober M-F and sloppy drunk every Sat and Sun. Like rkoloms said, it's about the need not the frequency

Answer by admckenzie at 10:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• alcoholics go to meetings, lol, just kidding. Please no yelling at me, my mom is an alcoholic and my dad is just out of prison from dealing drugs and is currently in AA.
    It is the need for the alcohol, like a drug. There are people, like my cousin, who aren't alcoholic's, but get extreamly angry/horny/mean on alcohol so they don't need to drink, but aren't alcoholics. Does that make since?
    Peanut_Farley

Answer by Peanut_Farley at 10:03 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• not how often, its the affect, and need for it
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• it's the NEED for the alcohol. not how much or how often they drink.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:09 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• So me "needing" a drink once a month ish...does that make me alky. Cause once a month I NEED one.
    Anonymous

• Like another PP said.. It's not the frequency it's the dependency. My Aunt and Uncle have a glass or two of wine every night just to relax, but they're not alcoholics. They can do without it and often have. My maternal Grandfather on the other hand only drank Whisky except for at meals, because he had a dependency on it. He "Needed" the alochol to live, because he had convienced himself that he "Needed" it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• It is when the alcohol consumes you and controls you and your life.....you are an alcoholic
    When your behavior and priorities get in the way because you would rather drink....your an alcoholic

If you can control the drinking and control the need and without cravings you should be just fine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Dec. 31, 2009