SAHMs: How do you dress to pick up and drop off your kids?

Do you wear the same thing everyday? Or do you get dressed in the morning to drop off even if you have no other plans for the day? If you just throw something on to drop off in the morning, do you change into something nicer to pick up? Just wondering.

Me, I rotate about 3-4 sweatpants and sweatshirts or jeans unless I went out running errands or something for that day. But I see some mothers come up their in good jeans and sweaters, nicer shoes.

LadyEb

Asked by LadyEb at 9:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• Just curious...if you're a stay at home mom....where are you dropping off your kids everyday?
    Anonymous

• When I take my kids to school, I do get dressed in my jeans and sweatshirt first. I do this on days that they don't have school also. I just don't like sitting in my pj's all day. I also brush my hair, brush my teeth, etc...
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Anon, I'm guessing she's talking about school.
    Pnukey

• girl who cares. as long as u shower and look decent ur a mother. relax
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 9:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• i go in my sweats and a tshirt unless i'm to work. i'm not trying to impress anyone
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I am not out to look like a lazy mom cause i have children and I am far from LAZY so bring your self esteem up and stop looking so gosh darn lazy.
    Anonymous

• I go in sweats and sneaks. I brush my hair and teeth (usually a half-assed job) and (almost always) wear a bra. That's all I manage. I figure the women who are dressed up have jobs. I may be wrong, but I can't imagine dressing up to drive my kid to nursery school.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:57 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Morning is pajama pants and slippers. come home brush teeth and hair and then dress nice if other errands. if not sweats a tshirt and sneaks to pick up.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 10:12 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I get dressed in the morning i have one who takes the bus and one who walks then i take the youngest to school at noon. So I guess i dont really have to get dressed in the morning but i do because it just makes life easier and i am more motivated to get things done. We also have after school activites so it is just easier for me to be dressed and ready to go for the day.

I have noticed that many moms seem to think that "getting dressed" means dressing up, for me it doesnt it means i put on jeans and a shirt and shoes make sure my hair is brushed. I do put on make up if i know i am going to run errands or have to go into the school for some reason. to me that is perfectly acceptible for a SAHM who spends the day doing house work and driving kids around.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 10:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• My oldest is 5 and we are homeschooling this year so I dont drop off or pick up.

However, if I did then Id wear what I wear everyday...a pair of black pants(I dont wear jeans)and a t-shirt, or sweatshirt/long sleeved shirt if weather is chilly. I probably wouldnt have makeup on and my hair would probably be pulled back because thats my preferred way to wear it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:23 PM on Dec. 30, 2009