Rash on potty training childs bottom?

DD started potty training last week- she almost immediately started getting a little rash on her bottom and the top of her legs.... It started getting worse after about 5 days. I have put diaper ointment, coconut oil, vitamin e on it... it's gotten a little better... and now getting worse again... I don't know what is causing it. We bought her softer cotton underwear and rewashed all in a different detergent.

cacc2002

Asked by cacc2002 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• this could be something very simple or something the doc might need to see, but it could be: heat rash, chafing from undies, yeast infection, not wiping properly " i know it's hard for little ones to reach" also an allergic reaction to soaps used check with doc and remind your child to stay clean and dry! hope i helped some. bag balm, corn starch, tea bags lots of drinking water. talk with your childs doctor first before you listen to anyone also you could use baby powder, diaper rash cream could work on this, also you could try wipes instead of TP. hope all turns out well
    giniweed

Answer by giniweed at 2:04 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• We had this problem with my DD never figured out what caused it it just stopped one day. I would make sure you clean her well through out the day and treat it well at night. I think DDs was the skin getting used to detergent but then i am not positive.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 5:43 AM on Dec. 31, 2009