What age is too young to have a child around fireworks?

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 9:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in General Parenting

• my little girl was 14months on july 4th and she had sparklers. i do not think any age is to young as long as u r protecting ur child.
    _mimimosley_

Answer by _mimimosley_ at 9:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• My first son was born on July 3rd. I stood out in the yard with him the next night and he slept through everything.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:54 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• You know, I think it's OK to have a child at the hospital, or at home if there aren't any complications, but around fireworks?—that's just crazy!
    Anonymous

• http://blog.al.com/breaking/2007/07/athens_child_killed_in_firewor.html

Fireworks not handled by a professional or a fire fighter are dangerous to anyone at any age. This story breaks my heart...so preventable :(
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I think that the question is in the wording..... having them AROUND them...that will depend on the child....my oldes LOVED watching them from the first fourth my seccond screamed like mad and i took him in the house because he was scared of them....NOW USING them well i would be VERY careful on this...even the new sparklers are not good to me, as last year and the year before they fell apart leaving hot embers flying everywhere and even burning people...we just stuck them in the ground and lit them that way.My oldest is now alowed to lite NON moving ones little fountains that we have added fuse legnth to to give more the enough time to move out of the way..this is VERY easy and you can buy fuses at most fireworks stands or a local gun shop that has black powder stuff.......continued in next comment
    drivnkids

Answer by drivnkids at 1:27 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• fuses are cheep and you just wind them on the end of the other fuse.we dont use punks but grill lighters but punks are safer. We also have a bucket of water and a hose right near, NEVER do fireworks under trees, even if they are wet they can light.Once it has gone off and about 5 min have passed an adult picks up the spent one and douses it in the bucket to make sure that its out.We also wet the area that we are working in to put out sparks faster. Fireworks are fun BUT you need to remeber that they are explosives!!!!!!!! NEVER modify a firework other then adding a longer fuse..........
    drivnkids

Answer by drivnkids at 1:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

OMG I JUST GOT THIS JOKE....LMFAO
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:19 PM on Dec. 31, 2009