How do you potty train?

So my son got a potty for Christmas and it's just kind of sitting there. Now what?

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well how old is he? Do you think he is ready? If it were me I would start by letting him explore it and practice sitting on it. Maybe every time you go let him go too. This is what I am doing with my 21mos old. I think she is ready but I am not trying to rush her. When I say go potty she runs to the potty but no action yet! LOL Today I couldn't keep her off of it but still its kinda when she wants to go no presure. Boys often aren't ready till after two but all kids are different. Doesn't hurt to try...
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Ditto hill2. Encourage him, but don't rush him. Have him sit on the potty when you're sitting on the potty. He'll want to mimick what you're doing and eventually he'll actually go in his own potty. Just give it time. Let him explore. Again ditto Hill2.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2009