Nausea...

My first pregnancy was a walk in the park. Hardly any morning sickness just crazy heartburn.. I'm currently pregnant with my second baby and I've been feeling sick to my stomach constantly for the past 3 days. Is this normal or should I be concerned it could possibly be a stomach bug?

tasase

Asked by tasase at 10:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Every pregnancy is different. With both my first two, morning sickness was moderate. I rarely threw up but was sick to my stomach. This pregnancy morning sickness was awful. I lost nearly 10 pounds because I had a hard time keeping food down. I was put on medication to help ease it up a little.

Unfortunately morning sickness isn't only in the morning. It should really be called all-day sickness. Maybe with this pregnancy morning sickness is normal for you. If you start to get a fever or other stomach issues, then it's not morning sickness and a stomach bug, but from the sounds of it it's just morning sickness. GL to you!
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 10:16 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• It's normal. Mine was the opposite though. Sick as a puking dog the first pregnancy. Not a day of sickness with the second.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:02 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Thanks for your input. I'm hoping it will ease up soon because this is crazy uncomfortable.
    tasase

Answer by tasase at 11:18 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I had hyperemesis gravidarum - I was nauseous and vomiting most of both of my pregnancies. Zofran was the only thing that helped - ask your doctor for a prescription if the nausea gets in the way of your every day life. My nausea was so bad I was bedridden and nearly hospitalized for dehydration.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 3:10 AM on Dec. 31, 2009