How long after a Tubal Ligation do I have to wait???

About how long should I have to wait after having my tubes tied before my period comes??? I have always had mine on the 21st, and I had my tubes tied on 11-12-09, had my period on 11-21-09 to 11-24-09. Well, now 12-21-09 has come and gone. Should I be concerned? Is this normal? My doc. wont be in town until Jan. 6th.

HelloKitty86

Asked by HelloKitty86 at 10:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think that your doctor should have told you that you have to use protection for 6-10 weeks. You may want to call the office no matter if your doctor is in or not. call them FIRST THING.........................
    Anonymous

• My doc said to wait one cycle, so if you already had your period in November, it should be fine. Now, after I had my tubal, my periods got irregular since I wasn't on b/c anymore, but they leveled out after about six months. They would be anywhere from 28-35 days. Now, they stick to about 30 days.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• My periods were a little off after my c-section/tubal so I think its pretty normal for things not to go according to what we are used to for a bit anyway.

Just give your body a few months to level out but dont be surprised if they arent exactly as they used to be.

As for me, personally...my period came back during month 2 post but was way heavier than usual and shorter. Then the next month was longer and lighter(thats what I meant by not quite the same),etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:20 AM on Dec. 31, 2009