How would you react to this question?

a couple months ago my husband asked what I'd do if he ever told me he got drunk had a one night stand that ended in the girl getting pregnant. Then got mad when I freaked out and asked him if that was his way of telling me he knocked someone else up. And even more mad when I said that unless I have that really happen I don't know what I'll do. For me it all depends on how he plans on handling it if its a once and done thing but of course he'll take care of the baby then I'd therapy for our relationship to regain the trust he broke but if he wasn't really sorry he cheated I'd end it. I turned it around and asked him what he do if I got drunk and got pregnant from a one night stand he said he take our daughter and leave no questions. Thought his reaction was funny considering I've never shown any sign of unfaithness.

Katie523

Asked by Katie523 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• That's kind of a silly question to just pop into one's mind?!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I would be suspicious for sure. That's not a question that most people would ask just as a conversation starter, you know? I would think, though, that if he HAD had a one night stand and gotten someone pregnant, that it would be pretty hard to hide for too long and that you would know about it by now. Of course, I could be wrong. I'd sit down with him and just bluntly ask him why he asked you that question, and if there is something that he needs to tell you.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• i bet her had a 1 nighter, you need to find out
    Anonymous

• it seems to me like you didn't give him the answer that he wanted. Think about it. he said he would leave you if you did that. Sounds to me he is looking for a way out and wants to know for sure what it would take for you to leave him.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• By the way, my youngest daughter's name is Natalie too! She was born almost 4 months ago.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I would have likely just said that having not been in that situation I'm not sure what I'd do and let it go. Guys come up with doozys sometimes.. Maybe he knows somebody that that has happened to, or maybe it just popped in his head, maybe he saw something like that on tv. There are a lot of possibilities here. Try not to read too much into it.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 10:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I'm guessing he had a one night stand and either got someone pregnant or had a damn good scare thinking he may have...men are so fkn stupid, you don't ask a question like that outa the blue just for the hell of it.
    Anonymous

• Im thinking he did knock some girl up. seriously who asks that with out a reason. id do some questioning. has he gotten drunk & not came home?
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 10:53 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Maybe its a mutual friend of the two of you who swore him to secrecy and he wanted to see if he thought you would go to left field or if he could open up to you about it without it causing an argument between you two???

It doesn't really matter though because until said child becomes a reality you can't walk around acting like a mad woman checking his cell and following him in your car. Drop it, in the future though you may want to withhold the dramatics until you see where it leads, he may have been on the verge of opening up to you and you may have shut him down.

On a side note, if the story starts with honey I was drunk, that's an excuse and he's not ready to own up to his screw up as opposed to I screwed up and I'm ready to except whatever the consequence but I need to be honest with you...
    1st_LadyD

Answer by 1st_LadyD at 11:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I ask my husband those kinds of questions all the time. I have no desire to be with anyone else, I'd never cheat, and I'd never be unfaithful in any sort of way. It's just me continuing to figure out every little crevis of my husband's brain. He never knows how to answer those questions, because it is a by situation type of reaction one would have. I only ask out of pure curiosity though. I've asked him a lot of crazy stuff. Including, but not limited to "Have you ever had feelings for another person while in a relationship?", "What would you do if a girl tried to advance while you were at the bar?" .. I'm not trying to lead into any situation that has happened with me, or hint that I have something to confess. I'm just trying to see what situations get what reaction. Just simply to get to know my husband that much more.

It makes him weary when I ask those questions though, so I try to limit them. Haha
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2009