Dating a single dad....

I just got an email from a guy in my community whom I have known for several years but never really "knew" him.... Out of the blue.. he added me on facebook and sent me a message asking about my son... he has a little girl from a relationship that ended a lot like my son's dad and me did.... Hes a really sweet dad and guy and wants to set up a play date for the kids... He also has mentioned us(just me and him) getting together for new years and toasting the new year cuz this one sucked so bad for both of us..... One thing that may be holding me back.... He's 10 years older than I am..... What are your thoughts???

Mamakat90

Asked by Mamakat90 at 10:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• he might be a wonderful careing man u have to take a chance to find out. if your ready for a relationship. ( as well as him ) kid get togetheres are great for kids and i would just tell him lets do the play dates first and just go from there maybe u will go further maybe u wont. get to know each other. as for the age..it dosent matter least to me..its only 10 yrs. my dd's father is 12 1/2 yrs older then me. yes he is my x now after 7 1/2 yrs but i grew up and we grew apart ( i was 18 when we met ) but were still great friends not only cause of dd. so talk to this dad get to know him with the play dates and see were u end up. best of luck. :)
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• how old are you...he could be a lot more mature than some young punks that usually jerk you around ....hhmmm (baby daddy)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I am 19 almost 20..... hes 29... I had my son when I was 18. He had his daughter when he was 26.... baby daddy was 17 when my son was born....
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• 10 years is no big deal. My husband is 7 years older than me. Men mature later than women. If he's a nice guy, give him a chance, if you want to.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• my husband will be 30 in jan. and I am 25 and it really isnt' that big of a difference. Give him a shot! you might be surprised.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Thanks ladies!! He is a great guy..... I think we are meeting on Sunday for a play date for the kiddos... :) I will definitely let you know how it goes!!!
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• MY DH is 12 1/2 years older than me. It was a lot when I first met him, but you're older in some ways because you have kids. FOr what it's worth, I hope he's an awesome guy and treats you like a QUEEEEEEN!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• i will also add about my x he was a dad to 2 kids ages 2 and 41/2 and he was a wonderful dad to them and was there for them always. i was 18 and had no children at the time. we date had fun and had fun with his kids i didnt see his age as a big deal i saw it as hes a great dad and he was a hard worker his life was together had his own place paid his bills. all around smart. he was muture and not like ti dorks i always found myself dateing were partying and beer and shots were the # 1 thing. so for me dateing this man kept me out of trouble and showed me what i wanted a quiet decent life. and we were together 7 1/2 years but like i said we grew apart he turned into a plat station freak an i was on the side. in the end we broke things off and were ok with that and still friends he even helped me move into my new place and he got a sitter for our dd so we could do this with no kiddis running around. ( it was his weekend with dd
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2009