Sore Ovaries, should I be concerned?

I am 4 or 5 days before my period, and in the area which I am assuming is my ovaries.. it feels sore almost like a bruised feeling inside. It's not intense, at all it's just noticable and constant. It has felt this way for about 4 or 5 days now. If it gets worse, I'll call my doctor, and at my next appt I will mention it, but I am curious if anyone else knows of this feeling and what it was for them? Possible Pregnancy? Endometriosis? Ovarian Cysts? or just simply a different symptom of PMS? I do have mild low back pain, but I get that often so I do not think much of it.

TiDyedSunriseLZ

Asked by TiDyedSunriseLZ at 10:26 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• sounds like to me cyst i use to get them ever months cuz i didnt ovulation so i had to go on clomid to get pregnant
    keithamy06

Answer by keithamy06 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I used to feel a pinching in my ovaries, i think maybe during ovulation, but I haven't had a period in awhile (had a baby 3 months ago). Hope everything's ok for you!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I get a twinge when I ovulate. But when I had a cyst it hurt like a bruising feeling. When it burst it was a sharp pain followed by a burning pain. My ectopic was crippling pain like slumped over curl up in a ball wanna die pain.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:36 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• it could be cysts, i know mine hurt a lot no matter what time of the month it is, or it could just be you starting your period. you can feel cramps or tenderness days before your period.
    bmdred

Answer by bmdred at 1:32 PM on Jan. 1, 2010