Would this be wrong of her?

My BIL & SIL are ttc. Not a big deal except she doesn't like germs & messes & she really doesn't like children.(She worked at a children library reading to the children & quit because the children got on her nerves) I'm just saying I don't think the woman need kids. She nice but she's crazy. lol. Anyways I'm due in May. Well what if when I'm in labor & I have our 2nd child she announces she pregnant. I see it as kind of rude then again I'd be happy for her because thats what she wants. (BIL does NOT want children). I just don't know how I would feel about it. I mean I think I'd feel like she was taking my spot light. (They like to be center of attention anyways) But then again its happy news. What do ya'll think. Am I being overly dramatic about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• Yeah, she needs to let you have your day. My sis announced her engagement at my wedding shower. Definitely not cool.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:35 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I would have to say yes.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• y are they ttc if he doesnt want children?
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• If she wants kids, it doesn't sound fair for you to criticize her for ruining your day. She shouldn't have to put her life on hold to keep you happy. FWIW, a lot of people don't like kids but love their own. Its much different when its actually your child driving you nuts LOL.
    Anonymous

• "y are they ttc if he doesnt want children? "

I second that.....
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Honestly, I always think it's childish when people worry about their "spotlight being taken away". What's the big deal.... would it change the fact that you just had a baby? People are automatically going to say - Oh yay - she's pregnant and forget you just had a BABY!! I think not. So technically it WOULDN'T steal your "spotlight"... people are going to enjoy a new baby much more than a pg woman, KWIM?!

First of all - that would be quite unusual for her to find out she is pg just as you have your baby..... 2nd of all..... I agree with a PP, if BIL doesn't want kids and she doesn't like kids - why are they TTC??

IF I were your SIL - I would wait to announce it. But I wouldn't be upset if my SIL announced she was pg as i had a baby - I would be thrilled. But I never understood the "stealing my spotlight thing" anyway... I guess I've outgrown needing to be the center of attention.

congrats on your baby :-)
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 10:46 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I think you may be thinking too far ahead, may is a long way off and you worried about an announcement that may or may not happen. Yes it would be rude but why are you so concerned about it right now, it sounds like the real issue is how you view each other.
    Anonymous

• It's hard to know what she'll be like as a parent. She may totally change.

Answer by Bmat at 10:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• So your BIL doesn't want children and she doesn't really like children, but they're trying to concieve? Are they going to for the disfunctional family autmosphere, or what's going on there? They shouldn't have children.

If they announce it when you're having a baby, or even after, yes that is rude of them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:11 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Umm... chances are, she isn't going to wait till you go in to labor and walk in the delivery room and make the big announcement (I don't know how long till your baby is due).
    I don't like other people's children, but I love my own (and yes even mine get on my nerves but I would gladly lay down my life for them, I love them with everything in me). And btw, I am a germ freak too... doesn't mean we're bad people or don't deserve to be parents. We find our balance with kids and germs. I'm big on hand washing and germ-x, but I do allow my kids to get good and dirty (okay it took me a little while to get used to that idea with my first child but my second was introduced early).
    The only thing that confuses me is the hubby not wanting kids, and I'm assuming he knows she's trying to get pregnant? Hope he gets rid of all of the needles and scissors she could pop a hole in the condoms with lol
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:03 AM on Dec. 31, 2009