What corporate access is given by CafeMom to groups?

I just joined PowerMoms. The description of the group says nothing about Quaker. Yet their corporate logo is there, and most of the messages are about their products. I don't like being used. What gives?

annie2244

Asked by annie2244 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in About CafeMom

• do you mean the group mom power that is about breakfast? there are many groups that are sponsored by products on CM, like the target group, shurtterfly, green works etc. Most time the groups are formed when CM joins up with those sponsers for a campagin, the influencer program or around the holidays or special events.

I am not sure what kind of access they would get, I think the groups are helpful and the its just brand recognition, I would think that the brands in some way are paying a fee to CM for advertising while offering a serivice and information to the CM members.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 10:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• There is no group called powermoms.
    Cafemom has something called SPONSERS so they pay cafemom to use their logos and adds and that keeps cafemom free.
    Now why would you be offended by the oatmeal quaker man? Seems a bit petty to me
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:59 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Answers is also often sponsored. Right now is a Pillsbury thing going. I have seen Staples, Pop tarts, Hewlett Packard and many others. The daily buzz is sponsored there are sponsored tabs. You can also be friends with many of the corporate sponsor profiles.
    ImNewHere

Answer by ImNewHere at 2:42 AM on Jan. 8, 2010