confused...

I am a single mom of a 6 yr old boy. There is a guy at my church that I think I kinda like. He is a single dad of a 3 yr old boy. We are about the same age and are in the young adults group together so our kids are together a lot. I think I kinda like him, but I also wonder if I just love his kid..... My son's fathe does not see him and this guys x wife decided 1 day she didnt want to be a wife and mother and is not in the pic either. How do I sort out my feelings, and if its really feelings or just convienience. And what if anything do I do about it with out making things akward.
(I havent dated in a long time) lol
Thanks guys!

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• If it were me.... I would talk to him as much as I could. Maybe arrange a playdate with the kids. Ask him to lunch after church. Take it slow of course, but the more you are around each other, the more chances of getting to know each other are there. If he is interested too then go on a few dates - without the kids. That is how you will see how you really feel about him.

Good luck!
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 11:00 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Talk to him! there is no better way to get the feel of a person. u could ask him out on a date and see how it goes. just dive in. dnt be scared forever!
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 11:01 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Talk to him, get to know him, spend more one on one time with him. The only way you're going to find out is if you get to know him.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:04 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• The prob is since our group does so much together if I ask him out and he is not interested it will make things really weird.
    (I know I'm a wimp)

Honeslty I think that part of what has my interest is him being a good dad. (funny how our priorities change)
    lol
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:05 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Do a background check, proceed with caution if it is clear.
    Anonymous

• seriously, its not a guy offline, do a back ground check off the guy at church??
    He is also in the military....
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• This might sound silly, but why don't you ask him if he wants to take the kids to Mc Donalds with you? You know the ones that have the playland? That way its not really a date and while you are both there you could get to know each other better and maybe things would progress from there?
    tree1997

Answer by tree1997 at 11:31 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Just because they're at church doesn't mean they're saints... when it comes to the safety of your kids, back ground checks might not be a bad idea... look at all of the boy scout leaders, bus drivers, priests and others that were well respected in the church, schools and kid clubs, but behind closed doors were pervs. I'm not saying that to bash on just church people... but the pervs are everywhere and they hide in the light more often than not to go undetected.
    If you like him, then invite him and his son to go somewhere kid friendly and if nothing else, you may gain a great friend :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• i agree with tree1997 that really doesnt sound bad and it could get u alone time w/ him but while that kids are still there and that way if he doesnt like u and u ask him that hell think its just over the kids or act like it was lol good luck
    myangelelena

Answer by myangelelena at 12:56 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Don't do anything other than companionship with him - getting too involved with him could cause problems for you and your son. Date him on the side, but do not introduce any man to your son until he is much much older - 12 or 13 maybe even. That might be hard to swallow, but you do not want your son to see you with a revolving door of men - even if it's just one man and one revolving door - it WILL effect your son.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 2:57 AM on Dec. 31, 2009