How can I get my husband to understand me more through my pregnancy?

We have been together for 7 years & are getting married Oct. 2010 after the baby is born. I am 29 1/2 weeks now 7 its so hard on me bc here lately all he thinks about is himself & he's been really stressed & so have I but he's acting out & taking out on me .... How can I make it easier on him & me or to get him to understand my feelings?

acollins1503

Asked by acollins1503 at 10:51 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hi, I am also 29 1/2 weeks!!! Well anyways, I have had the problem of my BF not understanding how I feel. He doesn't take anything out on me but kinda pouts when he doesn't get his way. What I have found that is kinda working to help him understand is, I have a few baby books laying around and he reads them on his own, I have never asked him to but with husband maybe you can ask him to read up on it a little. Anyways, he reads in the book what week I'm at and of course the books have a bunch of info on how you are feeling and what your body is goin through. Maybe sit down with him and read together. GL
    oh yeah, what day are you due? do you know boy or girl??
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 11:06 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Include him in the prenatal appointments & birth classes, have a birth doula, books for dads, and support groups perhaps, too.

Men process Family differently than women do~ so understanding his perspective might help you as well. Generally, guys see their role differently (physically-financially-emotionally...), that is okay and normal.
    But he can still be sensitive and supportive. There are many things he can do~ if he wants to.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:24 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Get married before the baby is born. Have a private/legal ceremony with the Justice of the Peace now, and then a big ceremony in front of friends and family after the baby is here...He might feel differently if the woman who is having his baby is also his wife. He would never say this is true, but I'll bet it would make a difference.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 2:55 AM on Dec. 31, 2009