What solid proof do those that believe in religion have that

it is not a fable or fairy tale like Santa or the Easter bunny?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• People believe because they were told to- the were conditioned to think god is a possibility if not a reality and if that seed was planted during childhood it never goes away. They are taught everything they have and are is because of 'something' unseen, and are subjected to thoughts of burning in hell as punishment for not believing he's real. It's all fear, control and yes... brainwashing.

Personal experiences are mind manifestations formed from wanting something so badly you create it for yourself.

I think if presented with 100% factual prove that their God didn't exist, they would come up with illogical reasons why they were still right because it's become such a integral part of their being, if you took it away, they would have the impression they were nothing.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:40 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• personally experience, and just belief.

I didn't really believe anything until i had my son, i felt like i needed to tell them to go with the c-section instead of trying to induce my again......my docs told me that if they did it their way, my son would have died..period..

they thought there was still some fluid left(to cushion him during labor) and there was none..not even a drop, and his cord was wrapped around his neck,tight enough to leave a red mark as they took him out.

he wouldn't have made it if that "feeling" hadn't made me chose the c-section.

I have now read the old-testement from front to back and studied it in a scholarly method and came upon my own beliefs.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Wait... Santa and the Easter bunny aren't real!? Waaaaah!!!!! Way to poop on my parade OP.
    Anonymous

• Lets turn it around- what proof do you have that God is not real?

I have proof about the Easter Bunny and Santa not being real, but I have never seen any proof that God is not real. Until there is proof, I will continue to believe. After all that is why religion is often called your Belief or Faith.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 11:24 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

NAME THE PROOF. DOES GOD CHAT WITH YOU?
    Anonymous

• To me the proof is that there is not proof to the contrary-only theories.
    Scientists are baffled by the human body and many will concede it is a product of divine design! I do not believe we were made by accident. Some say we were, some say not but no one knows for sure. My proof is ME!

What is your proof do you have that God does not exist?
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 11:43 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Religion is a crutch for feeble minds. The intellectual elite are more atheist than you will ever know. Why? The God theory makes no logical sense, it is a delusion that people want to believe to give their lives meaning.

Anonymous

• Please give me a better, more logical theory!
    The whole we crawled from the ocean as a single cell thing makes less sense to me than creation.
    I assure you that I am a logical, deep thinker that looked at all the theories and came to my own conclusions.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

HA HA HA, i did know that the intellectual elite hung out in cafemom. What a crock.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

I assure you that I am a logical, deep thinker that looked at all the theories and came to my own conclusions

The whole 'poof' every one is here now makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE. And wave the magic wand and bam, people!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Dec. 31, 2009