My son now 2 years old. he dont talk much. help!!!

You know Im hard of hearing mom, Ofc alot people said deaf but im differet. I can hear with my hearing aids and speak. So my son is hearing age 2. I have hard time teach him talk and lisren and sign too. So Doc did help me call Birth to 3 class for my son learn to be smart, lisren , sign and speak. teacher of my son said take my son out for fun and play other children his age. she want know if i can keep my son go day care everyday.. kind too much money to pay for day care. easy for me drop him off 2 time per week. I cant drop him off everyday. I dont have that kind money but i wish. All i want him being same as all children who hearing being like him. Being deaf mom not easy but I can do best I can. Maybe I look for full time job to pay for my son full time day care.

God bless u all.

whoishotmama

Asked by whoishotmama at 11:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Don't stress, this may have nothing to do with you being hard of hearing; some two year olds don't feel like communicating through voice just yet.

My son just turned two and has been a chatty patty for a while now however, his cousin who is a few hours older than he doesn't say much at all. His parents understand his baby signs and whines and that is all he seems concerned with. Trust me his parents are quite well off and he is afforded every privilege, he is an only child and he is not in daycare and the consciences is that he will talk when he feels ready and I am sure your son will as well.
    1st_LadyD

Answer by 1st_LadyD at 11:27 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• My niece is two and barely talks at all. My son is 6 weeks younger than her and talks up a storm. They are all different. I don't believe that your hearing has anything to do with it. Your son will develop in his time. In our area, check to see if you have the same, we have Early Intervention. You can have him evaluated and if it is needed a speech teacher will come to your house to work with him. Daycare, yes, can be helpful, but is not always needed. He doesn't have to be with children every day to learn to speak. Not even all of them can speak.
    Anonymous

• Some kids just don't talk as much as others.. they're listeners.. you can always take him to toddler groups at the library.. those are free... other then that I would just talk to him as much as you can and if he's not in the mood to talk then don't push him.. he'll talk in his own time
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:17 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• My son didn't talk much for a very long time. However, his mind absorbed like a sponge and when he finally did talk (about 4-5) you couldn't get him to shut up! LOL. His talking definitely has nothing to do with your limited hearing. Don't stress and thank God for all your blessings daily. You will be able, sooner or later, to afford daycare. In the meanwhile, take him to the park, library (especially story telling hours) and free days at the museums. God bless.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 6:08 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Thank to all mom. most of all Thank to Ewadun. Birth to 3 said same things, like take him to park, library, and most mall has playtown for all younger age 5 to babies to play.
    whoishotmama

Answer by whoishotmama at 12:25 PM on Jan. 2, 2010