WWYD

My husband is in prison for 8 years. He told me I could have a boyfriend but honestly I would just leave my husband beause I just couldn't cheat on him even with his permission. I love him though. I love him so much and what he did was relaly stupid but he wasn't a violent offender and got the least amount of time because it wsa a minimum set. I think about him a million times a day. I've been waiting on him for 3 years and the loneliness is just becoming too much. Someone asked me out and I want to go. But I don't want to hurt my husband.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Relationships

• i think what melody said about you fishing for permission was frankly a little mean and I am sorry. I cant imagine how lonely it must be for you and as you are human, its natural to NOT want to be lonely. I guess it comes down to this...you have to understand that if you truly love your husband , hon, no man is going to make that "lonely" feeling go away. you might feel relief for a short time, but that man still isnt your husband, and since its him you miss...wont fill the void.My honest advice? grief your husband, him being gone like this is kinda like a death...gewt some therapy and deal with that major life change, and then make a clear headed choice as to where you want yOUR life to go. good luck with what ever you choose, and hang in there.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:00 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• why is your hubs in prison?
    Wish I had advice but I really don't..hope you figure it out
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 11:30 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• he sold lighter fluid to someone who made drugs
    Anonymous

• Wow, and got 8 years for that???? Wow!
    Well... me personally, I'd make the most of the weekend visits and phone calls with my hubby if I wanted to stay in the marriage. If you start seeing someone else, with or without his permission, you're cheating, and chances are you'll develop feelings and will end up leaving your marriage and hurt him anyway.
    If I am lonely and want to start seeing someone else, I'd divorce hubby so that I could do it with clear conscience.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:50 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• That's because it was a minimum sentence for a conspiracy. With a conspiracy they can charge everyone for the same thing. DH could have gotten life like a few of them did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• if you don't want to hurt him you don't hurt him so don't date anyone. in the end you'll be very upset with yourself and had hurt the man that you truly love. also the fact that he is your husband whom you still married too and made a vow to only cherish him for goodness or bad. not to mention that it would be adultry.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:37 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• also it seems as though your looking for some women to give you the go ahead to cheat and them saying ro somehow retionalize that he said it was ok.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:39 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• what i say is try to be faithful as long as u can my hubby is in jail and i dont know how long hes gonna be in there but see him whenever u can and have him call once or twice a day and that might help send him letters and what me and my hubby do is at a certain time we say good nite and i love u at the same nite everynite and this is what my hubby told me even know its outta a book and yes he told me that too he said when ur feelin all alone look down at the spaces between ur fingers and know that mine fit there perfectly good luck try and make it work out good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I'm not going. I was looking for advice not permission. It's very hard to have nobody for 3 years and for another 5. Even if you leave sex out of it I don't get to lay my head on his chest, raise our children together, i can't visit because he's 1000 miles away, ......so lonely.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Dec. 31, 2009