Sore Ovaries, Should I be concerned?

I am 4 or 5 days before my period, and in the area which I am assuming is my ovaries.. it feels sore almost like a bruised feeling inside, kind of sharp. It's not intense, at all it's just noticable and constant. It has felt this way for about 4 or 5 days now. If it gets worse, I'll call my doctor, and at my next appt I will mention it, but I am curious if anyone else knows of this feeling and what it was for them? Possible Pregnancy? Endometriosis? Ovarian Cysts? or just simply a different symptom of PMS? I do have mild low back pain, but I get that often so I do not think much of it. Also my cervix seems to be a bit tender and sore. But I am much more concerned with feeling about my ovaries.

TiDyedSunriseLZ

Asked by TiDyedSunriseLZ at 11:34 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Health

• Sounds like you may be ovulating later this month. If not that then it could be ovarian cysts...my right ovary hurts mid cycle every month and I have ovarian cysts. If pain contiues and you have an absence of a period I would check out the possibility of a tubal pregnancy just to be safe.
    campeno

Answer by campeno at 12:00 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I will say that I have the problem when I ovulate and sometimes around my period. o have Endo. But not sure if it is the cause or not. I know that my friend was having some pains and she has a ovarian cyst.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 5:25 AM on Dec. 31, 2009