can i start breast feeding after a month of not doing it?

My son keeps spitting up his formula. We've switched to soy and still spits up (alot) now hes on another formula and same thing. I breast fed the first week .then stopped. I want to start again thinkin maybe thats what he needs. i still have milk but just need advise

nikki_radio_dj

Asked by nikki_radio_dj at 11:36 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just put him to the boob and see how he does. If you are still producing milk then latching might be the only issue. See if he catches on. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• I would stimulate the nipples as much as possible to get the milk producing again....you said you still have milk so that's a good sign. Just have baby latch on as much as possible and pump as much as you can to create that stimulation. You can take Mother's Milk tea or Fenugreek to see if that helps up your production. It will take some doing and a bit of time initially....but it sounds like it will be worth it in the end:) Good luck!
    campeno

Answer by campeno at 11:55 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• If your still leaking.. which u should you should have a chance.. just do it as much as possible and talk to your doctor they could probably prescribe something to help you produce more... oh and yeah mothers milk tea is good and helps..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:06 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Nurse. If he'll latch, great! Also, pump frequently. Look into a supplemental nursing system. Contact your local La Leche League.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:41 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• YES!! You most definitely can. Check out this resource: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/supply/relactation.html

squish

Answer by squish at 5:23 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Yes!! I had a preemie come home at 26 days and in three days he was exclusively breastfeeding.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 31, 2009