Do you think the people who answer questions on CM are an accurate representation of the population as a whole?

It just never ever ceases to amaze me how a simple question asked on CM will, without fail, provoke a mean, nasty and/or bitter response. Are people really this mean, or do you think it is just the anonymity of the internet that allows them to be such witches and so unkind to their fellow women?

Zanjea

Asked by Zanjea at 11:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I really hope not. It says a lot about our society as a whole with how rude many people are IRL as well.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:40 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• it is because they can hide behind anonymous. no I would not say people here are an average represntation of America
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:42 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• They are...this world is overrun by idiots and jerks...they are everywhere and you would never know it till you gotta deal with them!
    Anonymous

• Does it surprise any of you when you are reading an earnest question, and some woman posts an answer that is just soooo mean?
    Zanjea

Answer by Zanjea at 11:44 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• No, I don't think it represents people as a whole. CM is just one community, and varied in that even.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Have you ever worked in retail? There are a ton of rude, mean people in the general population. I'd say this site is actually a good representation of how the general population would act if they were all stuck in a large room together debating different topics.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:48 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• I have to agree with legalmommy, but I'll add one thing. I think it's representative of a bunch of women stuck in a room. That situation would eventually turn into a giant cat fight.

Anonymous

• I can give you a geralization of cafe mom......the majority is SAHM's. A small percentage probably around 15% are working moms. Proably 1% would be considered exceptionally wealthy. I belive the majority are middle class with a good percetage below the poverty line.

I also belive the bluk of women on here have younger children. Most in the 1-5 year range.

This is just my opionon. Not a proven satistic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I think what happens is you get a mix of women who normally wouldnt be around each other socially mixing it up on CM lol anytime you take people who are very different and mix them you will get a very strained exprience.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2009