Is there anything less expensive than Pediasure. That I can use to help supplement my 2 1/2 year old picky eaters diet? Has anyone used carnation instant breakfast for their little ones? or anything else? Thanks!

Mom2princessq

Asked by Mom2princessq at 11:49 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• apple juice?
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 2:18 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I have been using Carnation Instant Breakfast for my 20 month old for about 4 months now because she doesn't gain very much weight. It hasn't increased her weight gain significantly, but she does seem to have more of an appetite since I we started it. It is definitely cheaper than Pediasure because you can can buy the packets or a container and mix it with your milk. I also use NesQuik from time to time to mix it up a little for her.
    forArielle

Answer by forArielle at 9:13 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Vitamins?

Answer by missanc at 9:51 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I have used the Carnation. However I also drink protein shakes myself and I give my son one every morning with his breakfast. You can add fruits & veggies. I add Carrots, berries, bananas, etc. He loves it too.
    mama32177

Answer by mama32177 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• You can use the generic versions of boost or ensure, they don't have quite as many calories but they do have almost all of the vitamins that pediasure has. You can supplement the lack of specific vitamins with a multi for kids. We did this to help get my LO's weight up When she didn't' gain anything for 6 months. But mine is petite and eats more then me. she is just like her daddy. LOL
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:56 AM on Jan. 1, 2010