Is there anything less expensive than Pediasure. That I can use to help supplement my 2 1/2 year old picky eaters diet? Has anyone used carnation instant breakfast for their little ones? or anything else? Thanks!

Mom2princessq

Asked by Mom2princessq at 11:56 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Unless the child is not eating enough, you really shouldn't go with pediasure or anything like that. Get gummy vitamins and keep serving the food. Picky or not, a child will not starve themselves.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• Just because you have a picky eater does not mean you need to give him one of those drinks. Have you talked to his doctor about it?
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2009

• carnation instant would be fine. My son is 5.5yrs and only 39lbs. I give him Ensure only cause my mom works at a hospital and gets cases for $4.20 each! (24 bottles) Stores charge $10+ for 6 bottles. His doctor okayed it. You should give him daily vitimans too, but carnation wouldn't hurt him..
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• No I haven't talked to her Dr about it yet. She eats the same 3 things no matter what I offer her. So I was worried she wasn't getting balanced meals.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 12:02 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• As far as her growth and weight she's fine and I give her a gummy Vitamin everyday.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 12:03 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Just keep at it moma. At this stage, your little one is testing you every day. Keep serving it and maybe let her help you make it. Check the kraft website for fun recipes that are healthy and fun to make and eat.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:04 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Thank you!, legalmommy101 that makes me feel alot better :0)
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 12:07 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• aw man i know what you mean. my ds is so picky...and pediasure is just expensive. eventually i just started giving him what i made, whether he liked it or not. i'm just glad he likes oatmeal, something good i can give him for breakfast :) i only give him pediasure every now and then. just keep doing what your doing, like legalmommy101 said
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:15 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I routinely give my kids Carnation Instant Breakfast because they hardly eat. They're 4 and 7.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:41 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Pediasure is loaded with sugar. This is a great pudding you can make together:

Dad's Sneaky Pudding
    Makes 2 servings
    This recipe was created by Earthsave International' s Chair of the Board of Directors, Louisville Lawyer and chef, John Borders.
    • 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
    • 1 banana
    • 1-2 tsp. carob or cocoa powder
    • 2 tsp. flaxseed oil
    • 3-5 Tbsp. nut butter (cashew or almond)
    • 2-3 Tbsp. orange juice or other healthy juice such as carrot juice
    • 2 Tbsp. fortified soymilk
    • 1/8-1/4 avocado
    Set your little companion up on a stool beside you, ready to toss in the ingredients and push the button. Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. This works best in a food processor; you might add a bit more juice or soymilk if you use a blender. Blend until smooth.

You can also make a smoothie with frozen fruit, yogurt and kale

Answer by rkoloms at 1:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2009