formula and brest milk

my son has been spittin up formula we switched him to different formulas already. i decided to breast feed again its been about a month. Is my breast milk still good or has it gone sour?

nikki_radio_dj

Asked by nikki_radio_dj at 11:58 PM on Dec. 30, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's still good.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:01 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Breastmilk doesn't go sour. Try breastfeeding, you may get it back.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:02 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• your supply is probably waay down so drink a lot a lot of water and pump whenever you can because your flow has decreased and babies appetite has increased
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:05 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• If baby has been spitting a lot on formula, I would limit my own dairy intake; he may be sensitive to it. Oatmeal, lots of water, and mother's milk tea (and pumping between feedings) should increase your supply. Good luck!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:21 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• It will only go sour if you leave it sitting out, same as regular milk :) It's great that you want to nurse your baby again. Let me know if I can help in any way.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:40 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• YES!   It will take dedication.    Join the breastfeeding moms group here.    And go to:

http://www.kellymom.com/

http://www.drjacknewman.com/

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:25 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Breastmilk inside the body does not go sour. Once pumped it can if left out to long. It will take dedication and the links the other mom sent are great. Get a supplemental nursing system and start limiting your dairy as your child may have an issue and that is why he is spitting from the formula. Good luck and know that even a little bit of breastmilk is better then nothing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Breastmilk doesn't go sour. It's like saying your blood goes bad after being in your body. Breastmilk is a filtrate of the blood, and is constantly being made and reabsorbed. As long as you still HAVE milk, go for it! It's THE bet thing for your baby, so if you can make it work, make it happen!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:50 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• How would your breast milk go sour? Do you mean that you pumped it and it's been stored in your freezer for a month? It's still good if that's what you mean. Or do you mean does the milk you are producing go sour. It doesn't. :) I'm still nursing my 2 year old and my milk is certainly not sour. Check out some of the links from PPs that have information on relactation. (Getting your supply back up.) You can make plenty of milk, even after a month hiatus. Just nurse, nurse, nurse and your body will start keeping up with the demand.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 2:20 PM on Dec. 31, 2009