what are your best recipes?

for spaghetti (im tired of just cooking the pasta and using the jar of pasta sauce). for tamales, for pork chops, or anything you can think of :)

lilshortie415

Asked by lilshortie415 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Food & Drink

• http://gingernickgabriel.blogspot.com/

I don't update as often as I should but I make sure to post the best I have.

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:34 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• For spaghetti, I like to either used the jarred sauce but layer the spaghetti, meat, sauce, & lots of mozzerella cheese in a casserole and bake it, or I make my own this way: In a big pot, I put about half an inch of olive oil. I heat that up, then put in a few sliced cloves of garlic, and basically fry it til it's golden. I pour in 2 of the big (20-some ounces each) cans of stewed tomatoes, some chopped bell peppers, carrots, celery, onions (a couple, usually a yellow and a red if they're big, 3 or 4 if they're small), a small eggplant if I have one, just lots of veggies! Oregano, sweet basil, some black pepper, a little sugar, a little salt, and if any other herbs/spices sound good I throw them in too. I let it simmer for a couple hours, then run my immersion blender through it (my kids hate chunks lol), and continue to simmer. I serve it over whatever pasta they pick, and top with hamburger and parmesan cheese. It's so good
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• 1 can crushed tomatoes, 6 oz tomatoe paste, dash of salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, tyme, parsley, sugar. Add browned burger or sausage. Let cook for 2 hours. Serve over cooked noodles.

Pork chops...make an orange juice and brown sugar mix, pour over pork chops and bake for 1 hour (thick chops) 40 min (thin chops). Serve with mashed potatoes and peas. Easy and yummy.

Chicken...place in cooking pan and cover with italian salad dressing. Serve with rice and green beans and applesauce.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 11:37 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I serve this it over broccoli (and I make double the sauce).
    Pasta and Tofu with Finger-Licking Peanut Sauce
    1/2 cup low or no sodium vegetable broth
    1/4 cup chunky peanut butter (I use smooth)
    1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
    3 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons rice vinegar
    2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
    2 teaspoons chile paste with garlic (add to taste, it is pretty spicey)
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    8 ounces uncooked whole wheat angel hair
    1 pound firm tofu, drained and cubed (optional)
    1 cup (2-inch) sliced green onions
    1 cup shredded carrot

cont.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:11 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Combine first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently (this can also be done in the microwave; use a tempered glass bowl, like pyrex, cook for 20 seconds, stir, repeat until smooth). Remove from heat. Cook pasta in boiling water 8 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add tofu, onions, and carrot; drain. Place pasta mixture in a large bowl. Add peanut butter mixture; toss gently.

• daniellecooks.wordpress.com

pasta recipes and tons more. It's the best of what I feed my family and there are many budget friendly and 10 minute meals on there.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 5:08 PM on Dec. 31, 2009