Mixing of threads

Deut 22:11 states:
11 Do not wear clothes of wool and linen woven together.

Ummm don't christians do this? Why is it ok now and not back then?

I'm no Angel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Anouck it also speaks of it in the NT as well :-) nice try though.

As for the OP question. That was during the time of the law which is different than what we are living in now the time of Grace.
    Jesus came to fulfill what they could not do then. It was impossible to please God and overcome sin in the OT times but when Jesus came to bridge that gap... it became much easier.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:30 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Dude! There are a ton of sinners than.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I dont know anyone that wears wool.
    Ther eare alot of things in the Bible that dont make sense but they are there. If you want to get in to it what about it saying that women are not to speak and they are supposed to stay home and only be the teachers of the sons?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:50 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• why do you care? shouldn't you be worried about your own salvation?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I don't own one piece of wool clothing
    Anonymous

• I am worried about my own salvation anon. Why do you think I kept asking about food!

I'm no Angel
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• then you worry about what you wear and never mind what others wear.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Ummm don't christians do this? --- UMMMM this Christian does not do this

Why is it ok now and not back then?---I think that had something to do with the desert heat I am not sure tho I will have to look it up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• duet was written around 8th century BCE, by a culture that we don't really know a whole lot about, especially being in the US lol

There were many things that were relavant and had meaning when duet was put together that we don't have a clue about today.

duet was originally written in Hebrew, and we do not know the full translation of the hebrew bible, only around 1/4 of the words in the hebrew bible have been able to been translated.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:02 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• These verses discuss the concept of mixing materials and fibers that are of completely different characteristics. But many do not understand that these verses do allow for the mixture of certain fabrics while being within God’s Law. God established these laws to ensure that low quality fabrics are not produced. link

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Dec. 31, 2009