Pregnant

Hi, i was wondering has anyone ever got pregnant at the wrong time. Like didnt have medical, or money, scared, etc. i know many people have. I have no medical and am diabetic and think im pregnant. im not sure what to do...right now my husband and i make "to much" money for medi-cal. im so scared and i just want to enjoy being pregnant. maybe i just want to hear im not alone, i dont know. Im not sure if im am pregnant so trying not to stress, i took a test a week ago and it said i wasnt but i am now about 3 days late.
Thanks ladies

DilsMommy

Asked by DilsMommy at 1:09 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The Income Disregard Program is a special Medi-Cal program that provides no-cost prenatal and postnatal care to pregnant women. The income limits for free Medi-Cal under this program are higher than those for other Medi-Cal programs. There is NO property limit. Pregnant woman are also eligible for non-pregnancy related medical care as long as other Medi-Cal requirements are met.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:50 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I am pretty sure medicad thru the state gives you insurence when your pregnant reguardless of income.
    They just make you pay a small copay .
    I would definatly look in to that.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:12 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:14 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Some states will refuse you for general medical coverage, but once you become pregnant they will get you health insurance that will cover you the duration of your pregnancy.

Itsonono

Answer by Itsonono at 1:32 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I live in CA, so there is help?
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 1:41 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• There is always help it just maybe harder to find. I can do some research for you real quick for ca insurence
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:48 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Mrs.Owen86

• Basic Eligibility Requirements
    Pregnant women applying for the Income Disregard Program must meet the following requirements:

• Only pregnant women with a share of cost are potentially eligible.
    Note: A share of cost is similar to a monthly deductible. It is the amount for medical expenses that a Medi-Cal beneficiary must pay or be obligated to pay before Medi-Cal will cover any medical expenses.
    • The net nonexempt family income must be under 200% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). (See Income Limits Chart below)
    • Eligibility can begin no earlier than the first day of the month the pregnancy is reported
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:53 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• we have two kids, my husband lost his job on Aug 20th, we found out I was preg. Aug 21st. He has yet to find a decent job, we had to get medicaid because we lost our insurance with his job. I'll be 6mths preg on Monday & it's just pure bliss even though on occasion I still have to take my Zofran for my "morning sickness" aka hypermises(sp?)Oh & it seems like I may have come down with an ear infection or throat infection or both as of a few hours ago I've been inpretty bad pain. :( Not to mention our whole family hates the idea that we're having a third baby as if we ask them for anything. You'll be okay hun, so will your fam. A baby is always a blessing for those who wait for it with open arms. God bless.
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 1:54 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Number of Persons 200% of Federal Poverty Level
    2
    (Pregnant woman & the unborn) $2,429
    3 3,082
    4 3,675
    5 4,299
    6 4,922

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:55 AM on Dec. 31, 2009