suggestions. i got put on bed rest...what can I do with my time?

could you give me some suggestions for things that I could do with my time while being on bed rest. I'm 31 weeks so I have a while to just sit around and do nothing and I really can't stand just watching movies all day. I've already designed and planned out my interior for my new house i'm about to move into lol.....HELP im going to go crazy. (any price references and links would be helpful as well)

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 1:41 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Prepare scrapbooking pages for your new baby. Sort through old photos and scrapbook those.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• 1. start a blog on what your going through, feeling,etc...
    2. start a wish list on amazon, target, walmart, sears, where ever you shop
    3. join a support group for other moms on B.R
    4. watch some oldies but goodies
    5. make your self a birthing mix on your IPOD or a birthing CD (out of our fav. songs that help you mellow out)
    6. start sewing (there are tons of free paterns online)
    7. make out a list of things you want to take to the hospital with you
    that's all I have for now :)
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 1:48 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• If you know how to knit of crochet you can make a baby blanket and if you don't know how you can learn how to do either. You can get a good book series and read those, you can also write your own story. Make a recipe book of your favorite recipes, catch up with people on the phone before you are too busy with a new baby. I hope these help. Congrats on the baby and good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 1:49 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• If I were able to go back in time, I would read about birth preparation, interview/hire birth & postpartum doulas, arrange for the postpartum period to be very smooth (which means a dozen things, lol), and continue more along my birth self-educating.
    ;-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:07 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Learn a handcraft like knitting, sewing, crochet. You can make prayer shawls for people. I do this. You pray for someone as you create something beautiful for them. Just everytime you work on that project you pray for them. I love it. :)
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 4:33 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Read all the books in your to-be-read pile. You won't have the time after the baby is born, at least for quite a while.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 5:13 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Have someone pick you up library books, take up a craft, get some puzzle books, see if someone will loan you a video game system if you don't already have one and have your hubby rent you some games. I was on bedrest of 12 weeks with my first, but it was at the beginning of the pregnancy sicne I was a repeat miscarrier. I spent week 4 thru week 16 in bed. I crossed stitched, crocheted, read several really good books, and played some video game wth a little dragon. I would think at 31 weeks you will only have to spend about 4wks in bed. I would imagine they will release you off of bedrest around 35wks. It will be over before you know it. ((HUGS))

karamille

Answer by karamille at 6:15 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Whether she's released at 35 weeks depends on why she was put on bedrest in the first place and how she's doing at 35 weeks.. I went into preterm labor at 28 weeks and was put on bedrest. I was told I'd be there until 37 weeks, but then I developped pre-eclampsia and was on bedrest until I delivered -- five days after my due date.

But you are right -- it will be over before she knows it, and this time will be a fuzzy memory on the path to getting that precious healthy baby.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 10:56 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I was put on bedrest at 29 weeks. Did a lot of reading and cross stitching. With your computer, go to www.bn.com and make a mybn page of all the books you read or are reading.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 11:19 AM on Dec. 31, 2009