i have another question....

i often see postings about weather and their dogs.....i can't seem to find myself letting my dogs be out at night during the summer or winter even though i live in AZ. i somehow think it's too cold for them at any season. am i being silly? i would like to leave them out there but i'm not convinced that they won't get cold or freeze. maybe cause i'm always cold even when it's 76 if there is no sun outside. i would like to be convinced that they wouldn't be so that i could allow my dogs to stay out at night some nights. would they need at least a dog house to be left outside? does the type of fur matter such as long hair short hair? i have boxer and poodle but want to ad a small breed in the future.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 1:42 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Pets

• Depending on where you live in AZ I wouldn't worry about them being cold but of something getting ahold of them. I wouldn't leave them out at night because it isn't entirely safe. Yes they would be warm enough no matter the fur in that kind of weather. Imagine you wearing a fur coat of any kind you would be warm that is why they are.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 1:58 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Again, depending on where you live in AZ. I live in Phoenix and even when it's cold, it isn't cold to me. I'm from Chicago originally. A dog's fur will get thicker, if necessary, to protect them from the cold and shed when it's hot. I prefer to keep my dog outdoors and a doghouse gives them a luxurious choice. SMILE

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 1:40 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• If you wanted to leave your dogs out I am sure they would be fine. I live in MN and I have 2 dogs a german shepard/ lab mix and a chi. My chi does not like the cold once it gets below about 40 but my german shepard lab mix will stay outside and play for quite awhile even when it is 10 below zero.
    lrkasper

Answer by lrkasper at 11:49 PM on Jan. 4, 2010