So how do I get my 3 yr old pottytrained??????

She is staying dry and going without a diaper but I am afraid to take her anywhere in panties in case she pees or poops, but doesnt want to go potty and seeems afraid......doesnt want to wear panties either is this normal????????

glitterygirl79

Asked by glitterygirl79 at 2:17 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• IT is a new experience so she isn't going to like something she isn't used to. Over do the whole going to the potty thing, if you take her every 20 mins she will get used to it and won't be scared.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:21 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• We did the 3 day method but for us it was more like a week method! I only offered her panties to wear. We went through a lot of panties in the first couple of days. We stayed home for about 4 days before we adventured out. Take a diaper bag with a change of clothes and if you can have a potty in your car in case she has to go. I bought gerber training pants they weren't rubber like they once were- I would just put that over her panties when we went out so that way it wasn't a complete mess! Another thing that worked for us were these training pants you can get from www.onestepahead.com. They were $10 a piece but so worth it! Stick with it..she'll come around. Lots of praise and rewards for when she does go!
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:36 AM on Dec. 31, 2009