How can I afford to be a stay at home mom to care for my daughter???

My daughter suffer's from a disease called Tuberous Sclerosis and has been battling seizures for over a year in a half approx. I work fulltime, I'm a single parent (dad does help with what he can) and my daughter is in and out of the hospital. I was really considering just staying home to care for her but I don't think I can afford it and it's killing me!!! PLEASE HELP!

I'm not too sure about welfare because won't they go after her dad for childsupport? He's supporting both his kids so that's not what I want.

Thanks in advance

MichelleR05

Asked by MichelleR05 at 2:26 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Health

• before my husband and I got married and moved in together we had our daughter. He was with me all the time, but we couldn't legally change his address yet. Because my daughter and I were on Medical(lost my job and have had to rely on the government for a little while) they were very aggressively going after my now husband until we could get his address changed. Its really hard to support yourself without a job. I don't know what to tell you about affording it... I'm sorry but I wish the best and I hope everything works out!
    nico409ant

Answer by nico409ant at 2:30 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I know, it seems really hard :( Even with me working fulltime and trying to get help it's still a pain in the you know what.

Thank You so much!!!
    MichelleR05

Answer by MichelleR05 at 2:35 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I am going to hope that this site helped. I had a similar problem. Only I am the one in and out of the hospital. There is a website that someone on CM directed me to, and because of it I am able to work at home from my computer.
    www.odesk.com Browse through and see if you would be able to do any of it. There are a lot of categories and subcategories. I just got done writing a whole bunch of articles for someone, a long short story, and transcribing things from mp3 files. There is work for accounting, customer service, multimedia, graphic design, computer applications up the wazoo, and a lot more. Anything that can be out sourced is there. It might take you a little bit to get started, but it should help as long as you can find a little niche to work your way into. Good luck.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 4:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Thank you so much Phoenixfire, I'm just soooo tired of trying to find a s.a.h.j :( I wasted A LOT of my time trying to find something and never found anything! I'll still look into it though, THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    MichelleR05

Answer by MichelleR05 at 4:14 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• Let me know how it turns out for you!
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 6:18 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I should have you talk to my RVP, she found herself so fortunate to have a WAH business that allowed her to take her daughter from hospital to hospital and doctor to doctor when her daughter was diagnosed with arthritis at the age or 4. She is constantly taking her everywhere, but is able to make a great living. Let me know if you would like me to connect the two of you. It's an option to look into.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 11:34 PM on Jan. 3, 2010