Is there anyone who can help me on what to do to ease my lower back pain?

I was diagnosed with scoliosis last year and I tried going to a chiropractor, it helped me during my treatment but because of the fees, i wasn't able to finish my treatment. Now I am trying to find some better solution than going to chiropractor all the time, it is so expensive. Please advice if you know something that will help ease the pain. Thank you.

MallotV

Asked by MallotV at 2:27 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Health

• I don't know anything about this but I googled it and it seems Yoga is really helpful, here's what I found

Scoliosis exercise is the most effective solution for such a condition. Although many exercises help in reducing the Scoliosis-related problems, yoga solves the problem of uneven curves and is considered to be the best form of scoliosis exercise. Yoga postures are helpful in providing relief from back and leg pain as well as mid back pain. Yoga enables you to stretch your body and helps regain the normal shape of the spine.

ETC. HERE'S THE LINK

http://www.backpaindetails.com/pain/treatment-of-back-pain/yoga-exercises/scoliosis-exercise.htm
    MichelleR05

Answer by MichelleR05 at 2:32 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• is acupuncture covered by your insurance? if so I would 200% recommend that! It is amazing and can help with anything!
    mammacita9

Answer by mammacita9 at 2:58 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• if the chiropractor helped, you could call the office, and tell them what you could afford...they may be willing to accept that! My husband is a chiropractor, and he knows many that see some patients for very little.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Get yourself a Yoga DVD. Research it first. There are a lot of Yoga DVD's to choose from. If you need help deciding, let me know. I am a certified Yoga instructor with about ten different Yoga videos that I have. I could at least point you in the right direction so that you don't end up with the "super hard have to twist into a pretzel just to follow along" kind of Yoga DVD. I would honestly recommend a Prenatal Yoga for you. I don't have the title up here, but if you are interested I will be more than happy to go down and get it. It has a LOT of modifications. There are three women on the DVD in the three different stages of pregnancy. Having three different modifications to choose from will allow you to find what is right for YOUR body. You could follow the easiest one through the whole thing. Or you could mix and match according to what you feel is right for you. And you only have to pay for the DVD once.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 4:01 PM on Dec. 31, 2009