Rude comments about your all boy/girl family?

I can't believe how many people say rude things about me being pregnant with my second boy. Whenever someone asks what I'm having and I say boy they always say "Oh man, too bad you didn't get your girl." Or "Sorry you got screwed over." Or "Aww, I'm sorry!" What the heck! I have had 3 miscarriages and think I am very blessed to have my boys. I would have loved to have a daughter but I don't feel "screwed over." Now I'm actually feeling kinda sad just thinking that so many people view my family as wrong or a disappointment.

jenae_gist

Asked by jenae_gist at 2:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• IM sorry I know how that is.
    I have had 3 miscarriages too and when we found out we were having a girl. Some people told my husband oh I am sorry its not a boy. Did Tia do something wrong?
    They were all saying I should had given a son first.
    Its bull
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:46 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Oh and My husband couldnt be happier about our daughter.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:47 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Yup, same thing here. I have two boys and I get the comments" Oh, i bet you wanted a girl, better luck next time, or " i was lucky enough to have a boy and a girl". Yup been there! It does sting a bit because even though I love my boys, I did want a girl. People are a$$holes.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:14 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• omg i would punch them out... i will feel blessed with a child, the sex does not bother me in the least... i would love like 5 boys or 5 girls... why is is better to have both? i think everyone should be happy with either... a beautiful child is a beautiful child, male or female... that kind of talk really upsets me... i have 3 angel babies and have been TTC for nearly 2 years... those people should be shot lol
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 4:19 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• You are overreacting. People say those things all the time. :) Noone means anything by it. They just want something to say to you.
    I think, "Congratulations!" is the appropriate comment, but other people seem to think something else should be said.
    Don't take it personally. :) You have a little blessing coming and you don't need the negativity. I am soooo jealous. I would love another baby.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 4:28 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• WTF...you need to start carryin a stun gun and zapping people who say stupid stuff like that to you!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 5:05 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• While everyone wants a healthy baby, many people think that the "perfect" family has two children -- a boy and a girl. I'm sure these people mean no harm with their comments; they are merely sympathizing that you didn't get that "perfection". I have one one each and get comments like "you're lucky to have a boy and girl" all the time. I do think I'm lucky, but I would have thought that if both my kids were the same gender.

But I'm one of four girls, so I heard stuff like "I bet you wanted a boy" being said to my parents all the time. When someone says something like that to you, smile and say, "Oh, I'm just thrilled to be having another boy (or a healthy baby)". I'm sure that you truly are.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 5:21 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I would ask them "whatever made you say something rude like that? Have you no idea of what I may or may not have been through?"
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 5:41 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I'm currently pregnant and we're not finding out the gender. We also have a boy and an angel baby boy. We had a miscarriage so we don't know the gender of that baby. People ask me all the time if I want a boy or girl, and when I say boy they look at me like I'm crazy. Its like having a boy is second-best for them. I love my little boy. He is so sweet and affectionate. Granted he's a handful but he's so much fun. I'd love a girl too, but at this point I just want the baby to be healthy. Gender is such a little thing in the grand scheme of things.
    I think its different for people who have lost a baby/babies or have had trouble conceiving. Thats why we didn't find out the gender, partly because I didn't want to listen to people's comments. If they're like this and we don't even know what we're having, I'd hate to see what they're like if we did know.
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 6:43 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I have 5 boys and March of this year I had my daughter. It took me 12 years to have a daughter. I had a lot of bad comments so don't feel bad . My daughter died in 1997 so that's why I wanted another.
    officerdouglas

Answer by officerdouglas at 6:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2009