my son has been very fussy and not happy today...

he hardly smiles and he cried alot today .. i wonder whats going on with him .. and he slept more than he usually does... and he droools now ... is he teething? i gave him tylenol and it didnt work .. soo idk whats going on

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is he? it could be teething...or maybe his tummy hurts...hard to say if I don't have a lot of info or history :-)
    mammacita9

Answer by mammacita9 at 2:52 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• ohhh sorryyy hes 2months he will be 3 on the 11th of jan
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Ok thanks :-)Is he running a fever? BF or FF? I don't know much about FF babies, but if you are BF then some babies will get fussy at this time because of growth spurts and cuing your body to make more milk...I imagine FF might go through the same thing...is he really hungry? If he is fussy just when laying down it could be an ear infection, and laying on his back puts pressure on he ear drums...or it could just be one of those days..lol it does happen every so once in a while..if it continues then maybe take him to the doc, but it sounds normal to me...
    mammacita9

Answer by mammacita9 at 3:25 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• To answer the pp...FF fed babies get fussy during growth spurts as well. Sounds like he is in a growth spurt with sleeping a lot. Have you tried to increase his bottle by an ounce to see if he will take more? Make sure he doesn't have gas on his tummy. Use some gas drops to help with this or gripe water works wonders for a fussy baby too.

Hope he is doing better.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 6:18 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Just like to add that after you check all that, remember that even babies have "bad" days where they just are grumpy all day for no apparent reason. If he is not gassy, teething, hungry or anything else put him in a soft sleeper, cuddle him and talk to him in a reassuring voice. Maybe give him a nice long bath with some of that calming body wash, a gentle massage with some baby oil... and talk to him. Tell him its ok, that you understand. Some days are like that.
    I know its frustrating, but imagine how he feels with no words or way to express to you whats going on in that adorable little brain. Good Luck Momma and baby!
    lildudesmomma

Answer by lildudesmomma at 6:49 AM on Dec. 31, 2009