VACCINES, FOR OR AGAINST?

Been doing some research and I am truly shocked at what I am finding and really worried.....

We recently got the H1N1 vaccines, and now i wish i didn't.....

(if you have additional information via web or personal experice please post)

Kimicus

Asked by Kimicus at 3:11 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Health

• with that shot over here in germany the army was pushing me and at the time my one month old to get it. i ended up calling m old family doc in the states and he told me not to let them touch m or my son. my old doc and his staff refuse to get it themselves or give it
    EliseSantos

Answer by EliseSantos at 3:25 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Join this group then http://www.cafemom.com/group/4388
    Choosing not to Vaccinate group.

I do not vaccinate my self or my kids and never will ever again. I am pregnant and due next april. I wont circumsize or vaccinate my baby either EVER. because i do not like chemicals and toxins going into my body or my kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• nope i refused that shot, i also heard that some schools in our state were giving the shot to the kids at schoolw ithout a parent there, i called my school and told them if they touch my kids i would sue them, that my children we not to recieve it, we are not lab rats and i wont have my kids used like that. Luckily our school wasnt one of the ones giving the shot, I am thinking i wasnt the only parent who was really mad about it lol.

I do normally get the regular flu shot but we didnt this year.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:44 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• If you truely do the research you will find that you want to avoid flus and viruses as much as possible because they can show up in other forms later in life. Vaccines do not work for viruses. Anyone who says they do either doesn't know how viruses work or they are flat out lying.
    Viruses reproduce and mutate at a rate that is impossible for us humans to match.
    I am very concerned that just as we have created super bacterial bugs by using antibiotics, we will soon have created superviruses by causing them to mutate due to vaccines.
    Think about Chicken pox. Normally it is a very mild illness. But, what happens when every one has the vaccine for it? Will it die out? NO. It will mutate. What is worse, the original or the mutation? We will have to wait and see.
    Humans are playing with the natural world and will reap the consequences.
    Good luck. And I do not vaccinate. We had serious reactions here. :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• They sent home letters at all of the schools here in my town for the vaccine for H1N1 you had to sign the slip in order to get the shot. Although I do vaccinate for everything I did not on this one. We just had our regular flu shots and I hope we are protected enough from that. I got the vaccine (regular flu) last yr my dd didn't I almost had her in the hospital as she was seriously ill. This has happened to her twice that I didn't get her the vaccine. But I just am too worried about H1N1 being to new
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• our family does not vaccinate for anything. We trust the bodies that God gave us to fight off viruses. I think many vaccines are just so that working parents don't have to be bothered staying home with sick children. my husband is blind in his right eye from a vaccine. I don't find them to be medically necessary at all. I believe that generations of people that don't get the flu, or chicken pox will just be weaker adults in the end. We have immune systems, why not let them work? Do we put our babies in wheelchairs b/c one day they might blow out a knee? Do we not school our children b/c one day they may lose their minds?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:01 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• My children are vaccine free. I was injured by vaccines and know a number of others that were as well... I have done the research and can't impress enough how important that research is for every parent to do. You need to join the Choosing Not To Vaccinate group. There you will find links, reading lists and lots of honest information.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:22 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• It is not black or white – vax or don’t vax.
    I can't urge you strongly enough to do your own research!! Do not base your decision on opinions. Many people read the same information and have differing conclusions. Our conclusions were that the preservatives are toxic and the interaction between the vaccines can be dangerous; we also feel that teeny bodies can handle only so much intrusion at a time.
    We choose to selectively vaccinate on a delayed schedule. The first vax was after our daughter turned one. We never did more than one vax per office visist. We had the office order single dose, preservative free vaccines; we concluded that the additives to the vaccines and the interactions between the vaccines posed the greatest danger. We skipped flu, chicken pox, and a couple of others. We always read the insert before allowing the shot to be given.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:06 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• I agree with rkoloms. People have opinions taht can interfere with making a good decisin for you and your family.
    I do vaccinate my children because I would prefer them to not get sick. It has nothing to do with me being a "working parent an not wanting to be bothered by staying home with a sick kid". If I have the choice between preventing a potentially serious illmess or getting my kids vaccinated I would vaccinate everytime. Especially since I wirk in a doc office and bring who knows what home.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I think it is irresponsible not to vaccinate against major illnesses. If you choose not to vaccinate against the flu that is a risk you're willing to take for your child and really not a huge deal. Not vaxing against illnesses like polio and HPV which if contracted could seriously harm your child is irresponsible and ignorant. HPV causes cancer and most women in their lifetime contract the virus. Thats one of the stupidest ones I've seen people having a problem with. The question is do you want to play russian roulette with your childrens lives? If you do then don't vax and hope they never get a serious illness that could have been prevented.
    Anonymous