Its too bad I can't see what Karma does to this guy... (vent)

My husband lost a good job back in early october, they told him money was missing from the drawers and that he stole it. My husband did NOT steal that money. There was a huge story on what happened and they fired him because it was "company policy" even though he cleared his name.

fast forward

My husband found out today from and old co-worker and friend that the company owner did that to every store, came up with some lame ass excuse to fire people... none of it was true but when they cleared there name they were fired anyway because of the incident and "company policy" he did it so he wouldn't have to pay unemployment from laying people off. It was a huge scam and now it's all coming out.

Its probably too late to do anything about this, but It drives me crazy how some people can be so selfish. we had a newborn baby and needed that job- my husband is and honest, hard working man and did not deserve this...

Hali_Taylor

Asked by Hali_Taylor at 3:17 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Just for Fun

• File for unemployment now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• we can't get it because he was "fired"
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 3:22 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• He will get his....it comes around and when it does it's usually 10 fold.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 3:23 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• He wasn't fired for cause. Go for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• you really think its too late huh? when its this huge, you can do anything...but im not too educated on too much about this stuff but you know, when my mom got her arm caught up in the dryers at the laundry mats and it broke her arm...years later she got her settlement
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:25 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• We could try and I'm sure we'd get it... I'm just wondering if it's worth all the work- you know?
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 3:28 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• well if your not too busy with all the other things i'd go for it but its up to you. i dont want to be on CM telling you what to do but if it comes to you going through years and years, well you know, time passes us by, why not start now?
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:36 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• it is very much worth it file for the benefits and also file a report with the state labor dept. All they have to do is look at the company records for the stores and it will be very easy to figure out. anytime you are let go in a case like this you can file for benefits and fight for them.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:39 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• If it were my family I would seek legal aid with this matter. Your family was put in a very difficult situation and you should have been able to have benefits. The company that he was with should be held responsible. I am not trying to tell you what to do but it is what I would do.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:35 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Oh no, it's not to late. Get the names of the other employees and file a class action law suit. Many attorneys will take it on contingency. You can get real and punitive damages if there is a paper trail. Go for it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:55 AM on Dec. 31, 2009