I am introducing my 1 year old to milk..

We usually drink 2% and because we had the I had my son try a little bit and he liked it. Then I went out and bought whole milk for my son to try and he didn't like that too much. Would really be harmful if I let him drink the 2% since he likes that better or may mix them until he gets used to the whole milk? Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

Cappy1979

Asked by Cappy1979 at 3:41 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in General Parenting

• at my sons one year ckeck up my doc said as long as he is eating solids good there is no reason to give whole milk
    picot08

Answer by picot08 at 9:04 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• My oldest son was the same way - he didn't like whole but would drink skim (which is what his dad and I drank). We just had to make sure he got some good fats from other sources.

Answer by missanc at 10:10 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• cows milk is not good for you or your children! Cows milk is meant for a cow, human milk is meant for a human. humans are the only animals that consume milk from another animal! Would you suck on the utter of a cow? Then why would you feed cows milk to your children?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:54 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• As long as he's getting healthy fats from other foods, drinking 2% is fine.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 11:45 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• What about water? Humans don't need cow milk. Like many other nutrients, and despite the claims of the dairy industry, plant based calcium is superior to animal based. While cow mild is rich in protein, the kind of protein that is contains is casein, while human milk protein is lactalbumin, with is easily digestible; more the 50% of casein isn’t digested and can cause health problems later in life, like food allergies. Here is some of what the doctors at the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine say: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html

Answer by rkoloms at 12:54 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Oh God! If this is going to turn into a bash fest, just stop it now. Yes, I was asking about COW's milk, which a lot of ppl all over the world drink. So shut up with your holier then thou bullshit.
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Don't worry Cappy - - there are still some of us who believe that cow's milk is not only ok, but good for you :D
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 31, 2009

• oh cappy...i thought you asked a question and were looking for answers...maybe you should have indicated what answers you were looking for! I never meant to come across as holier than thou...i was simply sharing information i have!
    Happy New Year!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:44 AM on Jan. 1, 2010

• I didn't mean to come off as rude either. I guess I read your answer the wrong way. The computer isn't aways a good place to be able to tell what kind of tone a person has. I apologize for my rudeness, but at the same time I don't want anyone to see me as a stupid person because I was asking a simple question.
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 1:55 PM on Jan. 1, 2010