Has anyone tried lactose free milk?

I am so lactose intolerant and it hits me hard on somedays. Has anyone tried the lactose free milk? What does it taste like. Ever seen lactose free cheese or anything else dairy?

Queentdi

Asked by Queentdi at 4:24 AM on Dec. 31, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Lactose free milk is good, just a little sweeter than regular. You can also take Lactaid caplets before consuming dairy products.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:32 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• My son was lactose intolerant. We used soy products. Most of them taste like regular stuff. The soy yogurt was awesome :-)
    Jjoneslagrange

Answer by Jjoneslagrange at 8:35 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• It is yummy!! A few years ago my dr. told me to eat a super high fiber cereal & lactose free milk.. The milk was a savior cause that cereal was AWFUL!!! But the milk (and chopped bananas/strawberries) made it pretty yummy! It does have a sweetness to it, so i dunno if it would be good with dinner.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:35 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• i use lactose free milk for christmas baking...otherwise my family does not drink milk, cow, soy or almond. On mornings with little time for breakfast, we have oatmeal. we usually just drink water. My biochemistry professor said that all humans are lactose intolerant. Humans are the only animals that consume milk beyond the infant stage, and consume milk of another species. it is really not good for us, even if it is fortified.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 31, 2009

• Thanks everyone.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 11:50 AM on Dec. 31, 2009